Then vs Now

36 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

If this is true then it pretty much confirms boston's 09 show was explicitly about sex. Otherwise what could be perverted about an old guy complimenting them on their show if its just an innocent allusion to original sin or something like that.

Ok how is a young person saying “pervert” about an older person in a parking lot the fault of the show design? I’m probably close to that older person in age and have experienced that “oh crap” look when I approach younger people at work (and other places) who don’t know me. Or to put the question better how do you “know” this is the one and only reason.

well time for bed as us old people need our sleep to keep up with the yungins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Or Phantom Regiments guard (91?) laying down with legs up and out to the sides in front of the brass line.  Then there's VK mm who was in a bikini at the end of that years show.

Missed that show only remember the sex cymbals.... which I thought was tacky myself lol

44 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

If this is true then it pretty much confirms boston's 09 show was explicitly about sex. Otherwise what could be perverted about an old guy complimenting them on their show if its just an innocent allusion to original sin or something like that.

As noted I was there. All he did as he walked by was say that he enjoyed the show; a compliment. He not only said it to cologuard as he walked by but also again to brass and percussion a few yards further on down; both male and female; a multitude in their Crusader shirts and street clothes eating snacks or just hanging out prior to leaving. They had not changed out of uniform in plain site. There were spot lights ablaze so it was not in the dark shadows. He did not oogle and sly-eye. There was no tone of voice confusion. But the girl said "pervert" likely as a joke; and many giggled. It was then, and still is now, to me a joke, again a joke that was likely based on show content.

A short footnote here. As you are now seeing, you knew nothing about my own personal view on moral issues. The difference here is that I will fight tooth and nail for someone elses right to call things like Pi##-Christ art; even though it offends me to the quick. The freedom of expression we enjoy is to protect the things which offend us, not the things in which we agree with.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

So are you saying there was no sexualization of young women, or objectifying them, and presenting that as a fun bite out the apple written into that show?

I don’t think it was nearly as extreme or explicit as you say it was. You must have hated VKs sex cymbals too... oh wait I think I’ve seen you praise them 

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I never said it was over the top, but was a wink wink nudge nudge at sexual situations being fun and ok. So what does the bite out of the apple core of temptation mean if it is not giving a fun wink at sexual situations?

So then you must have hated Bayonne and VK

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok how is a young person saying “pervert” about an older person in a parking lot the fault of the show design? I’m probably close to that older person in age and have experienced that “oh crap” look when I approach younger people at work (and other places) who don’t know me. Or to put the question better how do you “know” this is the one and only reason.

well time for bed as us old people need our sleep to keep up with the yungins.

Stop using logic and common sense 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I don’t think it was nearly as extreme or explicit as you say it was. You must have hated VKs sex cymbals too... oh wait I think I’ve seen you praise them 

I did not say extreem; just that it did exist. And yes I stated a while back that I found the VK cymbal line humerous. But am now questioning how desensitized our culture has become to the sexualized and objectification of young women.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and the example presented, Boston 2009, was a huge hit with the crowds all summer long. I heard nary a person mention a thing about being offended by the topic, or attire.

Quick clarification here. I actually liked and enjoyed Core of Temptation. It was smart and intelligent as it used the hints, winks, entendres. I also found humor in VK sex cymbals and things presented by the Bridgemen. At this juncture I am just questioning how our culture has become desensitized to the objectification and sexualization of young women, and the notion that youthful sexual promiscuity is considerd fun and ok if we wink.

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Quick clarification here. I actually liked and enjoyed Core of Temptation. It was smart and intelligent as it used the hints, winks, entendres. I also found humor in VK sex cymbals and things presented by the Bridgemen. At this juncture I am just questioning how our culture has become desensitized to the objectification and sexualization of young women, and the notion that youthful sexual promiscuity is considerd fun and ok if we wink.

You may have answered your own question. You ask when then mention VK and Bridgemen....they were decades ago

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stu said:

I did not say extreem; just that it did exist. And yes I stated a while back that I found the VK cymbal line humerous. But am now questioning how desensitized our culture has become to the sexualized and objectification of young women.

so you're hung up on a 10 year old show, but a 32 year old show was humorous. Got it.

• Like 1