Nicknames of Marchers You Marched With

25 minutes ago, Rufus67 said:

Got mine when they named a drill hole "Rufus" and I filled it mid-season. The rest, they say, is history. Over my marching years there has also been Root Beer, Hey-Ray, Mr Nuts, and nicknames our entire 3rd baritone section which I can't repeat in polite company.

Never prouder than when our son got his nickname marching DCA and carried it forward into DCI.

I think it's agreed, however, that the best are assigned and not created by the MM.

Or any company!!!   LOL

The infamous "Stan" (for those who know about a particular DCA corps) was also a drill-spot nickname that stuck with the person who filled that spot.

And Hey-Ray was also known as Mr. Low... for reasons I cannot disclose here. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Crackers, Crumbs, Cupcakes, Billy Jacque, Titdach, Judach, Hoyntner, Stella, and probably more but it's been over 40 years!

" Cupcakes " Curran ? (Connecticut Hurricanes).

• Like 1

Couple of the more memorable (and safe for DCP) nicknames.  Plenty of other nicknames that were earned on the bus and that is where they shall remain...

• Cymbal player at Northern Aurora known as Speedbump.  Not for his marching technique but because he had been hit by a car once or twice
  • Contra player also at NA that could never remember what Shakos were called.  He called it a "Shaniqua" once so that became his name
  • Laziest baritone in the line at Magic become known as "Max," as in always giving maximum effort
  • Soprano at Magic that wore a "horn master" t-shirt became not very nicely known as "horn master"...he did not last very long
  • Mello/Alto drill spot that was never filled was named "Eileen Uelicke." That even made the mello section t-shirt that year..."Absolute Altos" I still have that tucked away somewhere.
  • One of the horn sargents in '99 name rhymed with "Cat Spray" don't know why I remember that one. 
  • I got the name Fester in triathlon but that is another story...
  • Like 1

All jokes aside:

Coach, Ferris, Crocodile Dadee, Facho Nunez, Goob, Boog, Hoss, Serville, Hoov Monster, Hey Poole, Pit ##### ( with with a B, and there were 4), Larry, Larry and Daryl, Hot dog, Pudge, stick, Stinky, Ahole ( ok that was me), Axe, Pit mom, Gut, Tex, FwareDogg, Big Dog, Rand-I, Amish buggy riding can't in step mother ####er ( yes, really), Virg, Oj and Nicole, "Show us your (insert female top half anatomy term here), RJB ( don't ask), Richard Cranium...i know I have forgtten some

• Like 1