Nicknames of Marchers You Marched With

Not a member but we had a bus driver named George Van Pelt.  We called him George Fan Belt.  We had another bus driver who we had  given a not politically correct name.  Let’s just say she broke the bus step.

Jim said in Kilties junior there was a bus driver whose actual name was Ben Dover.   He backed over a car, hit a ballard, got a speeding ticket..... 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not a member but we had a bus driver named George Van Pelt.  We called him George Fan Belt.  We had another bus driver who we had  given a not politically correct name.  Let’s just say she broke the bus step.

Jim said in Kilties junior there was a bus driver whose actual name was Ben Dover.   He backed over a car, hit a ballard, got a speeding ticket..... 

His parents had a sick sense of humor!

• Haha 2

I just remembered another one...though this nickname was said among us guys and not to the female member... Mount Fuji

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim has good ones from Kilties junior.   Fog, Septo, Leaky, Barf, Freak and Frak, Blob, Strange Dan...

Heh...I know Strange Dan (Dan Holm).  He was a clubmate at my fencing club for years.   He stopped a while back, tho.

I always had a hard time with him...I hate fencing lefties in foil.

• Like 1

84 BD
Spaz (me, actually), Stymie, Pocomo, Zoomie, Suds, Peaches, Smirt, Bubbles (he hated that one!), Hackmaster, Manson.

86 Dagenham Crusaders

Token Yank (me again)

87 Empire

Crash

03=06 SoCal Dream

Shrek

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 1

Jeff and I both marched with Virgin.... hmm...

Boom Boom, Rosie, Olive Oyl, Steel Slammer, Manson, Buckwheat, Plant, Pillsbury, Weasel, Baldy, Little Ogre, Big Ogre, Chunks, Lobster, Disco Denny, Brother Dave, Boozer (Remember following his Chevelle wagon after a corps party and dodging the eruptions in my Opel as he leaned out the window of his Chevelle...), Woodstock, Brother Steve, Fid, Boltzie, I hope Triple Nipple isn't a problem...Chumley.... I might think of a few more later. What's scary is many of these folks nearly pulled off 2 DCA Championships. :innocent::laugh:

The Bucs had Beached Whale....the Thunderbirds had the Booze Brothers...

• Like 2