Nicknames of Marchers You Marched With

7 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Or any company!!!   LOL

The infamous "Stan" (for those who know about a particular DCA corps) was also a drill-spot nickname that stuck with the person who filled that spot.

And Hey-Ray was also known as Mr. Low... for reasons I cannot disclose here. :laughing:

Swing low, sweet chariot...:bigsmile:

• Haha 2

Leaving out the "can't post these" ones... and believe me, there are several... LOL... some that come to mind from my days with Sunrisers:

Mr. Low, Mr. Nuts, Root Beer, Stan, Berkowitz  (those were mentioned in earlier posts), The Old Gray Snare, Nick The **** (rhymes with "Nick" :laughing:), Snaggletooth, Bubba, Scotty, Pizza Box Man, Doubleman, Hut, Hammer Hands, Screech, Bunyon, Dr. Frank, Dr. RX, Al Franken, Gatsby, Brooklyn Joe, Cousin Joe, Uncle Rick, Uncle Nick, The Bohunks, Grizzly Adams, Pops, Son of Pops, Bloodskis (you can use your imagination here :innocent: ) Barry Manilow, Smelly Face, The Love Shack Babies.

Among others. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/5/2019 at 4:39 PM, Fran Haring said:

The Bohunks

I gotta single out these two guys.

Johnny Olsen and Bobby Duncan... a French horn player and a bari player from South Carolina. They were in a college band down that way.

Not sure how, but they found out about us (Sunrisers) and joined for the 1980 season. They relocated to Long Island for the summer.

This was Deep South meets New York Metro Area.  :laughing: Somehow, those guys adjusted to the...uhhhh... different lifestyle and pace...LOL... and they had a great time!!!

Johnny and I were the French horns on one side of the drill. Not yet up full-time from South Carolina, he had missed some rehearsals before our first show... including the one where we learned the exit drill. :blink:  So... I taught him the drill during our performance.  :tongue: Managed to talk him through it... but as a result I don't think I played a note the entire last part of our show!!!

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dans said:

"Dog puke" was always my favorite. Bass drummer in the Buccaneers...early 70's.

I know who that is LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Jeff and I both marched with Virgin.... hmm...

Boom Boom, Rosie, Olive Oyl, Steel Slammer, Manson, Buckwheat, Plant, Pillsbury, Weasel, Baldy, Little Ogre, Big Ogre, Chunks, Lobster, Disco Denny, Brother Dave, Boozer (Remember following his Chevelle wagon after a corps party and dodging the eruptions in my Opel as he leaned out the window of his Chevelle...), Woodstock, Brother Steve, Fid, Boltzie, I hope Triple Nipple isn't a problem...Chumley.... I might think of a few more later. What's scary is many of these folks nearly pulled off 2 DCA Championships. :innocent::laugh:

The Bucs had Beached Whale....the Thunderbirds had the Booze Brothers...

you forgot Superman!

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

From Oakland Crusaders:

Gronk (He was a big guy)

I'll say,... strong too :bigsmile:

Image result for gronk gifs

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TennTux said:

"Moose" (this one was after the Bassline suggested we have a tough sounding nickname for the DM. I said so long as you don't call me Butch. (A competitor Corps's DM's nickname)

😉

" Butch "... Butch Anderson as the " competitor Corps DM nickname " ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigW said:

, Little Ogre, Big Ogre, 

Lol!... too funny!

Chief....... Bill Kemmerer Sr. Director of Holy Name Cadets/ Garfield Cadets

Coz.......Jim Costello....Director Hawthorne Caballeros

Mac......John McCauliff...Director ...Hawthorne Muchachos 

Doc....  Dr. Richard Santos....Director Garfield Cadets

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1