Nicknames of Marchers You Marched With

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi and Robert "Bobby the Cigar" DeLuca.   After a month or so of floating,  my first unit had these three, plus John and James Martarano,  Five cells next to each other on the second tier.

More BAC nicknames.  Buff, Little Buff, Earth Quake, Senator, Governor, Puke, Tremor, Quake, Moose, Bozo, Zipper Neck, Owl, Flannel Draws, Fish, Dusty, Rooster, Cutsie, Cid, Tiger, Chairs, Spyder, Hondo, The Lip, Shaky, Nellie, Ghost, and Digga.  Waiting for the carrier pigeon to deliver some more.

You had your hands full with these 5 ornery prisoners, Ghost.   Also,  not a criminal, but the harmless Boston's streets character ( and BAC fan ),  Joe " Bananas "..... You must remember him too Ghost ( and his unfailing, legendary, annual question for 40 years or so at Boston:.. " So how many horns ya got this year ? ".. haha).  Anyway, 'saw Joe " Bananas " 2 years ago at Boston's " Concert in the Park",. God Bless him. He's still around, and kickin'.. lol.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Well, there is one thing I should say so it never happens again... Don't press hard against bus windows, lean on them, exert pressure with any parts of your body. Seriously. They're designed to hinge out for escape purposes.

especially when trying to uh....send a message...to another bus in the corps caravan LOL

• Haha 2

There are people I marched with that I did not know their real name. Nicknames include Bear, Moose, Boom-Boom (it could be the member on the largest bass drum, it could be a not politically correct nickname for a female member), Rock, various state and city names where the member was from (Iowa, Kansas, etc.). I marched with southern bastXXds, umbafugleys, Ronbos, Albos, Bubs, and many more I cannot remember. There are a number of nicknames I remember that are simply not acceptable to mention today. It seems almost every member had a nickname. 

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Also,  not a criminal, but the harmless Boston's streets character ( and BAC fan ),  Joe " Bananas " 

Bananas was probably the greatest Sader fan eva (sorry Sader Fan).  He would put any NFL teams 12th player to shame.  And if anyone not affiliated with the corps gave Joe any crap, they would have some splaining to do with any injuries they may have acquired.  The mm of the corps always had Joe's six.

Edited by Ghost

On 2/5/2019 at 9:06 PM, PopcornEater1963 said:

I remember that guy as well, and another "Wildman" surfaced in Atlanta CV with my son in 2015. Not the same guy...though interestingly enough, another Spirit 1979 Baritone marched with my 17-year old son in 2016! Dude was in better shape at age 58 than anyone else on the horn line. I think he'd STILL be marching if he hadn't developed some "non marching" health issues. Davis ( my son) told me this guy would take the whole Baritone line out on PT runs when they were in Rochester and kick all their butts! 

Terry, the '79 bari that you mentioned, lived with my family during all-days in 1978. His nickname was "Smiley," because of his infectious ear-to-ear grin and positive attitude. As for Spirit's "Wildman," he is now my attorney.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

Bananas was probably the greatest Sader fan eva (sorry Sader Fan).  He would put any NFL teams 12th player to shame.  And if anyone not affiliated with the corps gave Joe any crap, they would have some splaining to do with any injuries they may have acquired.  The mm of the corps always had Joe's six.

Joe Bananas (Bonanno was his real name I think) also had another nickname; Ripcord.  The story goes he thought it would be a good idea for a skydiving drum corps.

• Haha 2