Nicknames of Marchers You Marched With

28 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I wonder what some of us here were nicknamed. I was usually just MaGook. What were some of yours? 

"TennTux" (my DCP avatar) Because of the walk on write-up that was read as we (Sun) entered the field at the Dream. (3 years, 80, 81 & 82) Which ended with "Conducted on the field by Tennessee Tuxedo"

"Moose" (this one was after the Bassline suggested we have a tough sounding nickname for the DM. I said so long as you don't call me Butch. (A competitor Corps's DM's nickname)

"MacNamara" (As In the "leader of the band")

"Tony Height" (several meanings. I called cadence "Heit, Heit, Heit" instead of hup & because I'm 5' 6" it usually was "Tony *&^* for height". Also it was a slurred reference to my last name.)

In my 10 years with Sun there were others but I agree with Jeff... The mods would not accept my posting them... LOL 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As I mentioned previously...whopper...there were others but it's late now and I need to think about it...

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Boom boom. 

" Boom Boom " sounds like a burlesque dancer's nickname from a Roaring 20's  Chicago speakeasy, Terri... so stop it.:poke::biggrin:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 2

Crackers, Crumbs, Cupcakes, Billy Jacque, Titdach, Judach, Hoyntner, Stella, and probably more but it's been over 40 years!

We had a contra player we called Huggies due to how he wore his shorts for his tan.

• Like 2

Late in 64, it's a Sunday, and Boston's horn line is at the Victory Road Armory (Dorchester) getting ready to begin learning the new music.  In walks a guy wearing a black suit, white shirt and tie.  Grabs a chair and joins the contra section.  Within five minutes John Clasby becomes "Digga" (undertaker).  Even Ed Denon busted his chops when he learned he would be the only one who could read music.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1

Got mine when they named a drill hole "Rufus" and I filled it mid-season. The rest, they say, is history. Over my marching years there has also been Root Beer, Hey-Ray, Mr Nuts, and nicknames our entire 3rd baritone section which I can't repeat in polite company.

Never prouder than when our son got his nickname marching DCA and carried it forward into DCI.

I think it's agreed, however, that the best are assigned and not created by the MM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

none the censors would like

Exactly.

Some I could share... several I can't. LOL

Edited by Fran Haring