Drum Corps Podcasts

As the world of podcasting grows, where you can find one about just about any topic, the marching arts is no exception, and there's some good ones out there! Drum Corps AF, Drunk Corps Intl ( now with a scholarship prorgram!), The LotHype guys have one, Marching Arts Roundtable......which are your favorites?

I'm biased, as well...the AF guys and I have a project cooked up, but I like them all. Am I missing any good ones?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

As the world of podcasting grows, where you can find one about just about any topic, the marching arts is no exception, and there's some good ones out there! Drum Corps AF, Drunk Corps Intl ( now with a scholarship prorgram!), The LotHype guys have one, Marching Arts Roundtable......which are your favorites?

I'm biased, as well...the AF guys and I have a project cooked up, but I like them all. Am I missing any good ones?

Hey...It would be cool if people could post the links here to these various podcasts as well...

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Hey...It would be cool if people could post the links here to these various podcasts as well...

sorry work computer, i have limited access to certain things...i can get DCP but not other stuff LOL

I've listened to Drunk corps and drumcorps af, and honestly, they are both really bad. I like drumcorps so current podcast options are pretty bad. Some of the marching roundtable shows are okay but there's not many other good options out there. 

The drunk corps guys had no idea who Michael Gaines is and the drumcorps af guys seemed like they had no idea what Chuck Naffier has been doing since 1999. I'll listen to both as there are not any good options out there but they are both pretty bad. They frequently get shows information wrong and neither have a very good grasp on older 70's/80's/90's drumcorps.

Z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

They are younger guys....but if you read too much into Drunk Corps when they say they don't know anyone, well...LOL....they're ####### around....cause, well, the drunk thing. 

Af guys should know, John marched in the 90's. Nick's out there teaching now

I listened to LotHype's 8 to 5 podcast. Pretty hard to listen to. They should maybe take some cues from other podcast and make sure 1) their thoughts are in order before they record so they aren't saying ummm and like constantly and 2) the people talking have at least a sliver of personality. 

Did about 10 minutes of Drunk Corps but found it really offensive.

• Thanks 2

Is Ron Allards stuff still out there? Nice long history lessons with bits of shows.

yeah phone still smarter than I am in hiding stuff

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Is Ron Allards stuff still out there? Nice long history lessons with bits of shows.

yeah phone still smarter than I am in hiding stuff

yup his stuff is still there.

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup his stuff is still there.

Yeah found it but only a few shows coming up.... must be a “training issue”. That’s our code for person running the app is clueless lol

Gotta be honest... haven't listened to any of them.  LOL.