Drum Corps Podcasts

Damp Otter....lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Gotta be honest... haven't listened to any of them.  LOL.

Same.  Is there really anything to learn or gain? I just figured everything I need to know about today's DCI, I can get from a 65" TV and DCP. 

It's audio content about drumcorps. Not "good" audio content, but it's something. I work a 3rd shift job where I can have ear buds in all night. I listen to 40 hours of podcasts a week. Drunk Corps and Drumcorps AF are always in my playlist but never must listen to material. I get frustrated at the basic information (show titles, music selections, placements, years, etc.) both podcasts get wrong, but when it comes to drumcorps podcasts...beggers can't be choosers.

Z

I listen to them more for the ranting (because schadenfreude) and not for any substantial info. And I tend to take what I hear with a mountain of salt.

I think the Drum Corps AF guys are really funny, and they actually talk about the shows, something Drunk Corps is apparently incapable of.  Marching Roundtable is the best imo.  They cover some pretty interesting topics and have had some great interviews with really high profile designers and instructors in the marching arts world.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tommynev said:

I think the Drum Corps AF guys are really funny, and they actually talk about the shows, something Drunk Corps is apparently incapable of.  Marching Roundtable is the best imo.  They cover some pretty interesting topics and have had some great interviews with really high profile designers and instructors in the marching arts world.

yeah but Boo praised BD 2010 on there, so they dropped in my eyes

On 2/8/2019 at 1:03 AM, tommynev said:

Marching RoundTable is informative but far too sanitized for my liking.  Lots of discussion about what works and does not but way too shy about pointing out examples or naming names.  

23 hours ago, Sideways said:

Marching RoundTable is informative but far too sanitized for my liking.  Lots of discussion about what works and does not but way too shy about pointing out examples or naming names.  

They definitely lean more towards talking about the positive side of the marching arts, which is one of the reasons I like them, and honestly I don't blame them. If someone wants to discuss the negative side of drum corps then all they have to do is sign up for the DCP Facebook page :/