Drum Corps Podcasts

I listen to all three and enjoy all of them on their own merits. Marching Roundtable is the most instructive. Drunk Corps is hilarious. I see Drum Corps AF as Drunk Corps light. But Drum Corps AF’s (John Weldy’s) rant after the Arsenal fiasco was epic. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

10 hours ago, tommynev said:

They definitely lean more towards talking about the positive side of the marching arts, which is one of the reasons I like them, and honestly I don't blame them. If someone wants to discuss the negative side of drum corps then all they have to do is sign up for the DCP Facebook page 😕

I’ve no issue with being positive about the activity...but the content would be far more instructive if they gave clear examples of what does not work as they discuss.  Cannot be afraid of hurting feelings now and then...

41 minutes ago, Sideways said:

I’ve no issue with being positive about the activity...but the content would be far more instructive if they gave clear examples of what does not work as they discuss.  Cannot be afraid of hurting feelings now and then...

Except if the instructors / staff say anything negative about another corps, they will be disciplined by DCI.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I listen to all three and enjoy all of them on their own merits. Marching Roundtable is the most instructive. Drunk Corps is hilarious. I see Drum Corps AF as Drunk Corps light. But Drum Corps AF’s (John Weldy’s) rant after the Arsenal fiasco was epic. 

He blew up the mic. 😂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I enjoy them all too. and yeah John's rant was great...on par with the Drunk Corps episode right after the Hopkins story broke

• Thanks 1

I just listened to the Marching Roundtable podcast featuring Freddie Martin and his sons, Chris and Michael. That was a half hour well spent. Chris Martin was Principal trumpet in Chicago after Bus Herseth retired, and now leads the NY Phil trumpets; and Michael plays in the Boston Symphony along with his work with the Cavaliers. Their discussion of the DCI activity in relation to their experiences and the demands of both disciplines was illuminating. Check it out!

• 1 month later...

Recently (a couple weeks ago) listened to a finals night podcast that was about an hour and a half long and found it really quite interesting. Definitely learned a few things from it although I don't remember who it was who recorded the podcast. I do, however, remember thag it was a guy and a girl talking throughout the podcast.

Hmmm, it sounds like somebody with a background in drum corps and access to the latest news has a great opportunity to fill a niche need in the podcasting world.

I wonder who might do that? 🤔

1 hour ago, kevingamin said:

Hmmm, it sounds like somebody with a background in drum corps and access to the latest news has a great opportunity to fill a niche need in the podcasting world.

I wonder who might do that? 🤔

You?

• Like 1