Housing options as schools close

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

I was informed by very good sources that both BD and the Crusaders were investigating these:

Took a tour of the one Boston first started using in 15.  I believe it slept 32 and was used by staff and kitchen volunteers.  At the time, the company was working on designing another model that would sleep around 48(?).  They used it again in 16, but not sure about the last two years.  The rental of one of them was pretty competitive with a regular bus.  

Edited by Ghost

On 2/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ghost said:

Took a tour of the one Boston first started using in 15.  I believe it slept 32 and was used by staff and kitchen volunteers.  At the time, the company was working on designing another model that would sleep around 48(?).  They used it again in 16, but not sure about the last two years.  The rental of one of them was pretty competitive with a regular bus.  

like these? Certainly would make a different drum corps tour experience than what we dinos have known.

https://youtu.be/0kpApw-ehSA

https://d13sa6bna7z32x.cloudfront.net/assets/videos/Cabin_Walkthrough_030518_H264.mp4

25 minutes ago, xandandl said:

like these? Certainly would make a different drum corps tour experience than what we dinos have known. 

Close to the second link, but without the barrier by the isle.  Can't locate the picture I took of the one they used in 15.  The bunk beds were built in place and wide open.  Looks like the newer ones are being designed better.

Edited by Ghost

http://sleeperbus.co/index.html

On 2/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ghost said:

The last 2 seasons they used regular "entertainer" coaches (either 2 or 3 of them). Not sure what's planned for 2019

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Close to the second link, but without the barrier by the isle.  Can't locate the picture I took of the one they used in 15.  The bunk beds were built in place and wide open.  Looks like the newer ones are being designed better.

I believe this (type) is what they used in 15/16.

http://sleeperbus.co/index.html

Edited by Barneveld

These are samples of what Madison had been investigating according to my conversation with Chris Komnick several years back. They go for about $200 per tent. About 15 tents per corps should do it for a season. There are other models by other companies which are cheaper in price, some larger, some costlier.

Ozark Trail 15-Person Split Plan Instant CabinOzark Trail 15-Person Split Plan Instant Cabin

Edited by xandandl

Wouldn’t they still have to pay for the locker rooms/showers?  Put the tent expenses into a gym and not worry about inclement weather.  And where did they consider putting the staff and volunteers, at least the ones who didn’t walk away?

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

These are samples of what Madison had been investigating according to my conversation with Chris Komnick several years back. They go for about $200 per tent. About 15 tents per corps should do it for a season. There are other models by other companies which are cheaper in price, some larger, some costlier.

During the conversation what were the answers to the following questions:

1) While it moves sleeping out of a gym, where will you pitch them?

2) What about lightning, wind, rain, hail, tornados?

3) How do they solve securing rehearsal site problems?

4) And a plethora of other unintended consequences?

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Wouldn’t they still have to pay for the locker rooms/showers?  Put the tent expenses into a gym and not worry about inclement weather.  And where did they consider putting the staff and volunteers, at least the ones who didn’t walk away?

We just posted pretty much the same things at the same time!

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

We just posted pretty much the same things at the same time!

Maybe, but you were three minutes late and you probably didn't read the post.

Edited by Ghost