Uniforms of the Future

With the evolution of the uniform and technology to drum corps in recent years, here’s the NBA combining uniforms and technology together in a creative way.

Do you think we’ll see something like this on the field anytime soon?  What other creative do you think will we see in years to come?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820955-nba-unveils-jersey-of-the-future-during-2019-nba-all-star-weekend?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I always thought the Troopers using live horses on the field would be kinda neat. If it weren't for PETA, they might have already been there by now. 

I don't know how much more creative the current (ahem) costumes can get particularly with the guards, but then again to get where things are today vs the long, conservative skirts of days gone by  came on board before I knew it. 

From a broader perspective into the future and new innovations in drum corps itself, I guess it pays to expect the unexpected. Not too much surprises me anymore. 

7 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I always thought the Troopers using live horses on the field would be kinda neat. If it weren't for PETA, they might have already been there by now. 

I think Crown looked into using several on finals night in 07, but the Rose Bowl and DCI told them no.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

This is the wave of the future if we are not careful:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/365640/china-starts-tracking-children-using-school-uniforms

New scoring method.  Your uniform's geotags must match the drillsheets exactly.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I don't know how much more creative the current (ahem) costumes can get particularly with the guards, but then again to get where things are today vs the long, conservative skirts of days gone by  came on board before I knew it. 

From a broader perspective into the future and new innovations in drum corps itself, I guess it pays to expect the unexpected. Not too much surprises me anymore. 

I too have thought horses in a Troopers show would be amazing, especially in 2015 where horses were so prominent. PETA would no doubt object, but my guess is that others would too, including those who love a good steak and don’t look to see if their dozen eggs are from cage free chickens. A DCI tour would never be compatible with proper care for horses, and if they did not use the same horses at each show, training them takes time and commitment, so you could not rent and train horses in Boston and if your next stop is Philadelphia, rent and train other horses in time for the show.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

I think Crown looked into using several on finals night in 07, but the Rose Bowl and DCI told them no.

Anyone who has ever marched in a parade that competed after Crown in 2007 is probably eternally grateful the Rose Bowl and DCI said now just in case a “pooper scooper” missed a spot. 

• Haha 1

"Chef of the Future!!!! It can core a apple..."  :laughing: