I think George Hopkins is innocent

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Trollin Trollin Trollin. Keep Those Doggies Rollin. Rawhide!!!

I'm not trolling. I've never understood why in these "he said she said" situations we should always trust the woman's word. It just seems fishy to me because the cadets were a first class organization under his leadership and if he really was molestering color guard members then some of that would have bled over in their performances.

25 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Then explain why when Yea investigated the allegations, none of the accusers wanted to cooperate.

People who would be most affected by the investigation (gh was head of yea) wanted to do the investigation? Who knows how much yea would be found responsible for the environment this took place in. I would hold out for an independent agency investigating too. 

I get this training every year and no surprise on the alleged victims response. Heads of an organization wanting to investigate what went on in their organization is a big red flag. Yes a new board but the organization could be held re$pon$ible so even a new board might not be totally impartial even subconsciously.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

I'm not trolling. I've never understood why in these "he said she said" situations we should always trust the woman's word. It just seems fishy to me because the cadets were a first class organization under his leadership and if he really was molestering color guard members then some of that would have bled over in their performances.

Oy.  Maybe some research and reading about these kind of “situations” would change your thinking or feeling about how GH is innocent because the Cadets were successful.  Cadets success has nothing to do with a persons behavior.  It wasn’t GH alone who made them successful.  Some would contend they were successful despite him.

• Like 3

A preemptive warning on making sure posts are not aimed personally at the poster and remain focused on the subject and material of the posts. 

The poster who started the thread has been a member of DCP since 2010.

• Like 2

I don’t want to believe that people do bad things to other people either. But you can’t ignore what’s in front of you. The numerous accusations. Anyway, you don’t have to believe one way or the other right now.  You can wait and see how this is resolved in the courts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Nobody here has maintained 'always' believe the accusers. The reason you are getting these responses are due to an illogical connection of him leading a corps into winning DCI and being a nice guy thus equates to him not being guilty of rape.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nobody here has maintained 'always' believe the accusers. The reason you are getting these responses are due to an illogical connection of him leading a corps into winning DCI and being a nice guy thus equates to him not being guilty of rape.

Its just my opinion that he is innocent. You would feel the same way too if one of the drum corps that motivated you to march became tainted with these sexual assault allegations. I don't want to believe that young girls were taken advantage of while on tour. I never saw any of this when I toured, only the occasional night when I would accidentally sleep too close to a gay color guard couple and wake up to some of the most horrifying noises I've ever heard. Hopefully these allegations aren't true and the whole ordeal can be swept under the rug so George Hopkins can go back to churning out championship caliber drum corps 

• Haha 1