I think George Hopkins is innocent

1 hour ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Hopefully these allegations aren't true and the whole ordeal can be swept under the rug so George Hopkins can go back to churning out championship caliber drum corps 

“Swept under the rug” is something I never want to hear about drum corps and sexual harassment or assault. 

• Thanks 6

So I found this article from a month ago

https://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-allentown-cadets-george-hopkins-online-deny-accusations-20190111-story.html

George is still vehemently denying these allegations and as long the verdict hasn't come down I will continue to be on his side. It sounds like both parties may have been intoxicated therefore neither side could consent technically. Keep in mind I'm not a lawyer just trying to make sense of what to me is an unbelievable turn of events that sounds like a couple women may just be trying to cash in on the "metoo" movement. Many people around here don't like george hopkins because he has been so successful and has an unorthodox style, but lets not crucify the man before we see the results of the trial. That is all I'm saying

So again we have someone saying it’s possibly a bunch of women willing to perjure themselves in court and ruin the rest of their lives because they don’t like ghs style.... 

And you keep saying intoxication with both parties like there is only one allegation. There are multiple....

• Like 3

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

So again we have someone saying it’s possibly a bunch of women willing to perjure themselves in court and ruin the rest of their lives because they don’t like ghs style.... 

And you keep saying intoxication with both parties like there is only one allegation. There are multiple....

Oh those pesky details...

• Like 2

“Cash in on me too movement”.... seriously what would they gain? 

• Like 3

You would feel the same way too.....

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Please explain how you know what I would feel or believe.

Since you failed to explian how you know how I would feel, I will just show you that you do not know:

I grew up admiring Cosby; mainly for his Christian stance and belief. He was never afraid of getting pummled for standing up on those beliefs. And he had a profound influence on my own Christian stance in the public forum.

Let's say Cosby was found innocent of rape and was set free. The fact that he admits he had a multitude of extra-marital sexual encounters with intoxicated women without any sense of remorse, used the consensual defense, and still maintains it today without any remorse cut me to the quick. Even if he was found innocent of rape, he no longer would have my respect.

So, no, you have no idea how I feel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Since you failed to explian how you know how I would feel, I will just show you that you do not know:

I grew up admiring Cosby; mainly for his Christian stance and belief. He was never afraid of getting pummled for standing up on those beliefs. And he had a profound influence on my own Christian stance in the public forum.

Let's say Cosby was found innocent of rape and was set free. The fact that he admits he had a multitude of extra-marital sexual encounters with intoxicated women without any sense of remorse, used the consensual defense, and still maintains it today without any remorse cut me to the quick. Even if he was found innocent of rape, he no longer would have my respect.

So, no, you have no idea how I feel.

Yep have bunch of his 60s comedy albums in the basement and respected him for being able to rise from his crappy upbringing in a nasty section of Philly. And later respected how he branched out to concern for education in the 70s.

Can still respect that part but think he should stay in jail the rest of his life for what he did. And the part I could respect is totally overwhelmed by the crap. 

Substitute other names as needed

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep have bunch of his 60s comedy albums in the basement and respected him for being able to rise from his crappy upbringing in a nasty section of Philly. And later respected how he branched out to concern for education in the 70s.

Can still respect that part but think he should stay in jail the rest of his life for what he did. And the part I could respect is totally overwhelmed by the crap. 

Substitute other names as needed

I went to one of his first apperances after the death of his son. He spent the opening monologue referencing scripture and witnessing his personal belief. It moved many in the theater to tears. Then years later, during his trial, I found out that one of the women he drugged and had sex with had occured during his stay in town that very weekend. He also admitted in the trial his escapades dated even back to his early recording days. So, it is hard for me to now listen to even his early albums and to skits like Noah.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GlassmenBtone said:

I'm not trolling. I've never understood why in these "he said she said" situations we should always trust the woman's word. It just seems fishy to me because the cadets were a first class organization under his leadership and if he really was molestering color guard members then some of that would have bled over in their performances.

so 12 women got together and put a story together, went public with it, and some are willing to go to court over it....all because people hate him.

thanks counsel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Its just my opinion that he is innocent. You would feel the same way too if one of the drum corps that motivated you to march became tainted with these sexual assault allegations. I don't want to believe that young girls were taken advantage of while on tour. I never saw any of this when I toured, only the occasional night when I would accidentally sleep too close to a gay color guard couple and wake up to some of the most horrifying noises I've ever heard. Hopefully these allegations aren't true and the whole ordeal can be swept under the rug so George Hopkins can go back to churning out championship caliber drum corps 

I know what brought my corps down. kills me to this day i was blind to it. world champs to dead in 5 years. yet at the time, i had no clue

• Like 1