I think George Hopkins is innocent

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Cash in on me too movement”.... seriously what would they gain? 

The women who accused brett kavanaugh of rape made hundreds of thousands of dollars from patreon donations. These women have a lot to gain by dragging people's names through the mud and these sexual assault allegations have proven to be quite lucrative.

Edited by GlassmenBtone
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

The women who accused brett kavanaugh of rape made hundreds of thousands of dollars from patreon donations. These women have a lot to gain by dragging people's names through the mud and these sexual assault allegations have proven to be quite lucrative.

You actually believe that this little drum corps niche commands the scope of newsworthiness that a Supreme Court appointment does?   

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

Here's a comment I found from a reddit thread that may be relevant

"I really don’t want to get involved by commenting, but I will say as someone who marched cadets before this all went down:

Some alumni were going to great lengths to try and get Hopkins out. There was a group of rabid cadets alumni who would sabotage our performances, booing during our preshow, groups turning their backs to the Corps as we passed, etc. we joked about them going further to get him out. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised."

This does indeed seem to validate Hops statement about there being a witch hunt to get him out of the drum corps by some of the alumni. Of course it is technically an anonymous post from reddit so take it with a grain of salt

1 hour ago, GlassmenBtone said:

Man you are reaching.... Supreme Court vs a Drum Corps. And later “proof” here is a reddit post that agrees with you. Of course any info from the women (yes call them women) are thrown out

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nothing.  In fact, you subject yourself to crippling public scrutiny.  

And if they testify in court that they were abused and proved lying they can be open to perjury charges. So much for your career with that on your record. And some of the accusers are young so that would kill a career just starting. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete Leland said:

Another thought:  Replace GH with the Duke Lacrosse team.  Or replace GH with the UVa fraternity accused of rape.  I don't jump to conclusions.

I’m not sure how the Duke lacrosse team would do as Cadets corps director. Or even if they would be better interested in the job