Crossmen Press Release - Natalie Steele replacing Fred Morrison

Better late than never.

46 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Is it me or is there a great deal of selective outrage? 

I don’t really know what to think anymore. Maybe that means I’ve been successfully gaslighted. I feel fatigued by all this. I think more than anything people (most people) wanted Hopkins (and others) gone. I don’t think anyone wanted the sexual harassment, inexcusable negligence (in the case of Roman) and all the other dirty laundry that makes the activity look very bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I agree. I also find it interesting how some corps are being treated, and how they are allowed to work through personnel issues, while others are not treated equally in similar situations.

very much so. which several of us have pointed out several times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

very much so. which several of us have pointed out several times.

Any reason you’re not being specific?  Are you saying Cadets we’re singled out and Crossmen weren’t?  I get more out of it if I can understand. Do we need to be vague for some reason?  Like the mods won’t like it?

I am not sure this is a response to anything as much as it was part of a planned transition. The Morrison's were eyeing retirement before all the issues popped up last Spring. I am not saying it was not a factor but I think it is not THE factor which many here believe it is. Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Any reason you’re not being specific?  Are you saying Cadets we’re singled out and Crossmen weren’t?  I get more out of it if I can understand. Do we need to be vague for some reason?  Like the mods won’t like it?

i don't think anything I am about to say will violate guidelines.

I do think there is some selective enforcement. Yes Pio and Cadets got the hammer. Deservedly. Fred made no statement of contrition when the story about Moody broke, and then when it came out that he tried to bury the information? Hello!

Plus OC....I mean there is a reason the whole staff bailed and kids went elsewhere, but they were just allowed to take the season off...and the shame of it is OC had some of the best public statements when everything broke.

So yeah, I do see some selective enforcement. Look what Arsenals former director got. I get why they did it, but what he did pales in comparison

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i don't think anything I am about to say will violate guidelines.

I do think there is some selective enforcement. Yes Pio and Cadets got the hammer. Deservedly. Fred made no statement of contrition when the story about Moody broke, and then when it came out that he tried to bury the information? Hello!

Plus OC....I mean there is a reason the whole staff bailed and kids went elsewhere, but they were just allowed to take the season off...and the shame of it is OC had some of the best public statements when everything broke.

So yeah, I do see some selective enforcement. Look what Arsenals former director got. I get why they did it, but what he did pales in comparison

Squeaky wheel gets the ####.... 

translation: if you are quiet enough and the #### pot ain’t stirred...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Spenser got the hammer hard and fast, too.  And now he’s being #### on by the Arsenal BOD.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I am not sure this is a response to anything as much as it was part of a planned transition. The Morrison's were eyeing retirement before all the issues popped up last Spring. I am not saying it was not a factor but I think it is not THE factor which many here believe it is. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I first heard rumblings of Fred Morrison’s retirement at the DCI parade in Indy in 2012. He wanted to see them return to finals and he would step back. This was not idle talk either and those in the conversation were people who had a great deal of respect for Fred Morrison. However every year there can be lots of so and so is retiring talk or that the next year will be so and so’s last year. 

Moving forward, what is most important is that the new person at the helm makes sure that past bad hiring practices do not happen again.