Crossmen Press Release - Natalie Steele replacing Fred Morrison

31 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

I see things a little differently.  Cadets did not get the hammer - quite the opposite.  DCI made it their full-time job to make sure Cadets 2018 would still happen, even rearranging their tour at the 11th hour to accommodate the corps.

In order of competitive status:

Cadets - red carpet rolled out.

Crossmen - left alone.

Oregon Crusaders - left alone.

Pioneer - hammered.

Arsenal - hammered instantaneously.

I think I see a pattern...

As it applies to the Cadets: When DCI informed the Cadets that they either restructure the entire board and administrative director or be suspended from competition, please explain how that is 'rolling out the red carpet'?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

I see things a little differently.  Cadets did not get the hammer - quite the opposite.  DCI made it their full-time job to make sure Cadets 2018 would still happen, even rearranging their tour at the 11th hour to accommodate the corps.

Crossmen - left alone.

Pioneer - hammered.

Yeah...it’s easy to pick the low hanging fruit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

As it applies to the Cadets: When DCI informed the Cadets that they either restructure the entire board and administrative director or be suspended from competition, please explain how that is 'rolling out the red carpet'?

I agree... no red carpet for the Cadets. It was "either prove you are making the changes need to stabilize and change the organization or face suspension. DCI did work with Cadets on the tour issues but this was after the new board took several major steps to right the ship. That said cixelsyd  does have a point. The hammers seem to pound away on the open class corps.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah...it’s easy to pick the low hanging fruit. 

Two hammered corps went against DCI openly via postings or refusing to budge when DCI said change.

Cadets changed management which I’m sure is what DCI wanted.

Other two didn’t make public enough waves so just leave well enough alone wink wink nudge nudge.... after the stories did come out DCI dealing with enough crap so why stir up more blah blah blah

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

... even rearranging their tour at the 11th hour to accommodate the corps.

That's just factually incorrect.  The tour was rearranged at the "request" of DCI - it was not Cadets' idea, as the logistics for the western tour were already wrapped up, including volunteers, and Cadets had to scramble to make the different tour work. 

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Crossmen - left alone.

Pioneer - hammered.

actually they did get the hammer...sweeping changes or you're done, and still on probation. At least they made the sweeping changes. Hence some red carpet treatment. 

if YEA hadn't removed Hopkins and the old board, they would be done, that much was made very clear. Not very public, but very clear. and what has helped YEA has been their very above board and pretty transparent actions since....the C2 guy gone, a staffer this fall removed when discovered dating a member.....Hell people with YEA that hadn't done anything wrong except relations via bloodline got removed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Politics, favoritism and preferential treatment at DCI. Lions and tigers and bears. Oh my. 

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

That's just factually incorrect.  The tour was rearranged at the "request" of DCI - it was not Cadets' idea, as the logistics for the western tour were already wrapped up, including volunteers, and Cadets had to scramble to make the different tour work. 

Press release on the tour change (still available on DCI.org) says, "Newly appointed Youth Education in the Arts (YEA!) board chairman Doug Rutherford explained that the organization decided on this course of action to conserve funds and for an increased quality of the corps’ summer tour experience".  So the idea came from the parent organization of the Cadets, not DCI.

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually they did get the hammer...sweeping changes or you're done, and still on probation. At least they made the sweeping changes. Hence some red carpet treatment. 

if YEA hadn't removed Hopkins and the old board, they would be done, that much was made very clear. Not very public, but very clear. and what has helped YEA has been their very above board and pretty transparent actions since....the C2 guy gone, a staffer this fall removed when discovered dating a member.....Hell people with YEA that hadn't done anything wrong except relations via bloodline got removed.

Cadets handled the situation beautifully.  But the rest of them....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Press release on the tour change (still available on DCI.org) says, "Newly appointed Youth Education in the Arts (YEA!) board chairman Doug Rutherford explained that the organization decided on this course of action to conserve funds and for an increased quality of the corps’ summer tour experience".  So the idea came from the parent organization of the Cadets, not DCI.

No - that's a press release after the fact  The idea and the urging came from DCI.  

Please explain how it would have preserved funds, since the corps would have been on the road the same number of days, staying overnight at schools the same number of nights, consuming the same amount of food, and traveling only a marginally increased number of miles (for which the total increase in gas costs would have amounted to less than one marching members' tuition - I did the calculations at the time)?   Instead, they had to settle for whatever  last-minute accommodations they could get, often at such a distance from the show venues that any mileage savings were lost. 

• Like 1