Crossmen Press Release - Natalie Steele replacing Fred Morrison

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Well that took way longer than it should have.  But a positive move nonetheless. 

How would you know ??? Fred Morrison was a great director.He really took care of the corps members and the organization.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I am not sure this is a response to anything as much as it was part of a planned transition. The Morrison's were eyeing retirement before all the issues popped up last Spring. I am not saying it was not a factor but I think it is not THE factor which many here believe it is. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree..

This , I believe , was a planned retirement.  this was put off several years because of the state of the activity. 

There is no comparison between the Cadets -Hopkins situation ,Boston , Oregon , Crown , Cavies , SCV , and this .If you think there is you are mistaken and should do some fact searching. 

Edited by 777hornman
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

How would you know ??? Fred Morrison was a great director.He really took care of the corps members and the organization.  

When Our Intrepid Reporter broke the story on the hiring of an individual who had teaching cert yanked for sexual shenannigans w/ student it was just a matter of time.  

And I take exception to your statement re taking care of Corps members and org.  Hiring a sex offender & trying to sweep it under rug is NOT taking care of the members

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, 777hornman said:

Yea, it’s comforting to know he allowed a predator on staff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Every

Situation

Is

Unique

These cases are "similar" only in an extremely broad way.

He still hired a sexual predator. Are you saying that’s ok?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

Yea, it’s comforting to know he allowed a predator on staff. 

And attempted to cover it up.  Yeah. Great guy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 777hornman said:

so awesome he brought Joel Moody in and defended him, even with his well known past! Human Being of the decade material!

• Thanks 5

11 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

I am not sure this is a response to anything as much as it was part of a planned transition. The Morrison's were eyeing retirement before all the issues popped up last Spring. I am not saying it was not a factor but I think it is not THE factor which many here believe it is. Just my 2 cents.

You are absolutely correct. My sister has worked with the Crossmen for the last several years and told me Fred was planning to retire "in a few years" like 3 years ago. 

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I do think there is some selective enforcement. Yes Pio and Cadets got the hammer. Deservedly. Fred made no statement of contrition when the story about Moody broke, and then when it came out that he tried to bury the information? Hello!

Plus OC....I mean there is a reason the whole staff bailed and kids went elsewhere, but they were just allowed to take the season off...and the shame of it is OC had some of the best public statements when everything broke.

So yeah, I do see some selective enforcement. Look what Arsenals former director got. I get why they did it, but what he did pales in comparison

I see things a little differently.  Cadets did not get the hammer - quite the opposite.  DCI made it their full-time job to make sure Cadets 2018 would still happen, even rearranging their tour at the 11th hour to accommodate the corps.

In order of competitive status:

Cadets - red carpet rolled out.

Crossmen - left alone.

Oregon Crusaders - left alone.

Pioneer - hammered.

Arsenal - hammered instantaneously.

I think I see a pattern...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1