New show announcements request

Not only are most of these announcements overwritten, they are poorly written streams of consciousness nonsense. Like something you might see from a student  trying way too hard in their freshman composition class. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

A wise man in the activity once watched a staff come into critique and take their entire time to describe their show. Said wise man looked at them and said "if it takes that long to explain your show to me, you've already lost me, the audience, and most judges."

And he was right. Thank you for that sage advice Mr. Hershman

I wish Hershman was replacing Dan but that’s another topic 

4 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

I wish Hershman was replacing Dan but that’s another topic 

Larry doesn't. He's enjoying retirement from a day job

• Like 3

14 hours ago, LabMaster said:

And I bet Irrational Rationality came across exactly as described.  When I see something written to that extent, your on-field production cannot possibly be viewed as such.  How many people in the stand got THAT show?

The world of absurd Camus did, of course, make an appearance exactly as described on the performance field with a winning show; and it also had a similar lengthy absurd press release.  Here is the original press release as it appeared prior to the season beginning:

Enter the challenging, whimsical, and thought-provoking world of Cabaret Voltaire. This show concept is based on an artistic movement known as Dada, which was born in the heart of Europe in the midst of WWI. The Cabaret Voltaire was the first public gathering place for Dadaists, providing a performance venue that could reveal a militarized duty-bound masculinity contrasted with a complete disregard for the rules. Instead of a carefully orchestrated structure, performances offered improvisation, the deliberate juxtaposition of uncoordinated actions, and a delight in the chaotic. The Cabaret Voltaire launched an age of questioning that made its way into a variety of art forms, from poetry and theatre to dance and sculpture. The search for the 'Dada parallels' in today’s world fuels the 2012 Blue Devils production with a range of music from the influential Satie to the iconic exploration of Mingus. Dada lives through an exciting circle of musical and visual questions and answers. Disruptive by design and irreverently iconoclastic, the Blue Devils look to continue their reign of success this 2012 DCI season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stu said:

So would all the Cats from Weather Report!

Oh man... that was a great version of that tune!!! I also like Manhattan Transfer's vocal take on it.

I love that show designers put a lot of thought into their show concepts.   

But show me, don't tell me. 

I'm moderately intelligent, and I'm moderately well-educated.  Believe me, I'll pick up on pretty much anything you thought deeply about if your design is good. 

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Lance said:

I love that show designers put a lot of thought into their show concepts.   

But show me, don't tell me. 

I'm moderately intelligent, and I'm moderately well-educated.  Believe me, I'll pick up on pretty much anything you thought deeply about if your design is good. 

Thanks.

This. if I have to do research to get it, you've over designed

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stu said:

The world of absurd Camus did, of course, make an appearance exactly as described on the performance field with a winning show; and it also had a similar lengthy absurd press release.  Here is the original press release as it appeared prior to the season beginning:

Enter the challenging, whimsical, and thought-provoking world of Cabaret Voltaire. This show concept is based on an artistic movement known as Dada, which was born in the heart of Europe in the midst of WWI. The Cabaret Voltaire was the first public gathering place for Dadaists, providing a performance venue that could reveal a militarized duty-bound masculinity contrasted with a complete disregard for the rules. Instead of a carefully orchestrated structure, performances offered improvisation, the deliberate juxtaposition of uncoordinated actions, and a delight in the chaotic. The Cabaret Voltaire launched an age of questioning that made its way into a variety of art forms, from poetry and theatre to dance and sculpture. The search for the 'Dada parallels' in today’s world fuels the 2012 Blue Devils production with a range of music from the influential Satie to the iconic exploration of Mingus. Dada lives through an exciting circle of musical and visual questions and answers. Disruptive by design and irreverently iconoclastic, the Blue Devils look to continue their reign of success this 2012 DCI season.

What I find interesting is that I saw that show without reading the long show description, and I got it without the need to do so, though I am a freak for Dada.