New show announcements request

43 minutes ago, BigW said:

What I find interesting is that I saw that show without reading the long show description, and I got it without the need to do so, though I am a freak for Dada.

Here is the paradox conundrum: If you are a freak for Dada, and you got the show, then the show was not Dada. In fact, while it may have been a structured musical about Cabaret Voltaire, that structure actually insulted the Dada movement which occurred at the venue. And since that is the case, BD failed to present Cabaret Voltaire very well, thus the GE scores for BD should have been at or near zero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Here is the paradox conundrum: If you are a freak for Dada, and you got the show, then the show was not Dada. In fact, while it may have been a structured musical about Cabaret Voltaire, that structure actually insulted the Dada movement which occurred at the venue. And since that is the case, BD failed to present Cabaret Voltaire very well, thus the GE scores for BD should have been at or near zero.

So if BD that year played out of tune, marched out of step, and generally looked and sounded like stumblebums who couldn't get out of their own way, would that be Dada?  :laughing:

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I guess you qualify as a moderator.

never again.  not even if they increased my pay by 200% :sumo: 

can't block the crazies on here if you're a mod, and since i started blocking them, my enjoyment of this place has gone up 10X. 

don't get mad at mods on here. marvel at their patience. they deserve it. 

Edited by Lance

On 2/20/2019 at 12:05 AM, Stu said:

More is never better. See the follwing two examples of Show Title: Description

1) Birdland: Join us in recreating that famed jazz venue

2) Irrational Rationality: Join us on a journey with Camus as he is keenly aware of mysteries within the zeitgeist time spirit: a conundrum that we are still far from solving. His own spirit is represented with a strongly lyrical feeling for the material world so that his consciousness of awareness is made full, occurring only in moments of metaphysical interrogation. Also, since he came from the working class, we do not present his persona so much as a social stratum but rather as a highly differentiated reality made up of irreducible individuals. The representation of his intellectualism, which was genuine and had moreover been developed by philosophical studies at the university level, is tempered by pragmatism and a sense of inarticualate values. Poverty, and a feeling for human solidarity, made him much more of an ordinary man than Sartre. Who was the ferociously dedicated intellectual, whose professed aim is to translate everything into words, so that formulated truths can react on society.

Ironically, Albert Camus's writing style is pretty spare.

I'd love to see a corps use this as a show description:

"La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux."

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

So if BD that year played out of tune, marched out of step, and generally looked and sounded like stumblebums who couldn't get out of their own way, would that be Dada?  :laughing:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

"La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux."

My baby took our love
and then she rolled it up
rolled it up a hill
like a ball of show
like a showball grows
until it gets too big
until she lost control
and it rolled back down
she took a tiny bit
and rolled it up again
slower than before
she went a step too far
she had to let it go
i saw it go straight down
my baby turned around
started up again
eyes were made for looking'
hands were made for holdin'
hearts were made for lovin'
lips were made for kissin'
legs were made for walkin'
tracks were made to follow
that's what i'm gonna do
two tracks in the show
two tracks up that hill
my heart broke
when my baby left two tracks behind

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

I guess you qualify as a moderator.

he's over qualified

(ducks)

21 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

No. The concept of DADA doesn't meant of poor quality. It's nonsense, not meant to be understood. That would come into pay in the design and effect captions. Not so much in performance.