New show announcements request

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, Jeff Ream said:

well, thats that show to a tee!

I felt in many ways that the BD show was Drum Corps anti-matter. Also, it's okay to jeer and boo Dada, any reaction to it all is desirable. maybe the most negative thing one can do is not react at all to it. In part it's meant to provoke some kind of discussion as it's doping here and now, so there's some 'success' for it, I guess.

8 minutes ago, BigW said:

I felt in many ways that the BD show was Drum Corps anti-matter. Also, it's okay to jeer and boo Dada, any reaction to it all is desirable. maybe the most negative thing one can do is not react at all to it. In part it's meant to provoke some kind of discussion as it's doping here and now, so there's some 'success' for it, I guess.

Doping in Dada. Quite possibly the best Freudian slip ever written within the threads of DCP!!!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, wallace said:

Perhaps it was a problem of the show’s design rather than its announcement.

Certainly a possibility.

A couple of years later, BK came out with a rather lengthy show announcement.  Here is part of it:

Program Notes: When your whole life flashes in front of your eyes, what is actually one second seems to stretch on forever. That image could be a romantic relationship, a drum corps season, or a huge life changing moment like running a marathon or the birth of a child. It could also include tiny moments like a parting glance from a loved one or the memory of your grandmother’s hands folded in her lap. This reminds us that nothing lasts forever and inspires us to pay more attention to those moments. Life is a gift. In that spirit, the Blue Knights present their 2014 production: “That One Second”

Sometimes more is better.  Sometimes less is better.

And sometimes...it just doesn't matter.

WWDD

What would Dada do :ninja:

On 2/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, Stu said:

Someone randomly turning on and off ten radios over a two-hour time period.

That was pretty much every day at every radio station where I worked. :tongue:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herk said:

Certainly a possibility.

A couple of years later, BK came out with a rather lengthy show announcement.  Here is part of it:

Program Notes: When your whole life flashes in front of your eyes, what is actually one second seems to stretch on forever. That image could be a romantic relationship, a drum corps season, or a huge life changing moment like running a marathon or the birth of a child. It could also include tiny moments like a parting glance from a loved one or the memory of your grandmother’s hands folded in her lap. This reminds us that nothing lasts forever and inspires us to pay more attention to those moments. Life is a gift. In that spirit, the Blue Knights present their 2014 production: “That One Second”

Sometimes more is better.  Sometimes less is better.

And sometimes...it just doesn't matter.

That part you bolded... that would have worked very well as the entire program announcement. Short, to the point. Only a bit longer than one second. :innocent:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stu said:

As long as you say the movies, National Treasure and Blazing Saddles, are 'about' American History in the same manner I will agree with ya.

I've never seen National Treasure, but there is some apt historical criticism in the comedy of Blazing Saddles.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Dada would go to Dizz Knee Land

False. Dada isn’t as predictable as you’d like it to be.