DCI back at Meadowlands/Met Life Stadium 7/2

On 2/22/2019 at 8:05 AM, Tim K said:

Crown is not on the roster, but the original poster suggested Crown could possibly change its tour plans to participate in the show.

I doubt it.  Going East after the BOA show has always been a long trip for Crown but they always felt the parade experience was worthwhile.  But it makes no sense to do that long schlep to NJ just to head South again;  it's 1600mi vs 900mi.   My guess is they'll find a good parade somewhere between Rockford and Lexington or possibly add another clinic/rehearsal block.  Heck Columbia is the state capitol -- must be some good July 4th stuff going on there.  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, karuna said:

I doubt it.  Going East after the BOA show has always been a long trip for Crown but they always felt the parade experience was worthwhile.  But it makes no sense to do that long schlep to NJ just to head South again;  it's 1600mi vs 900mi.   My guess is they'll find a good parade somewhere between Rockford and Lexington or possibly add another clinic/rehearsal block.  Heck Columbia is the state capitol -- must be some good July 4th stuff going on there.  

Exactly. 

20 hours ago, Barneveld said:

If prelims were indeed cancelled, as you claim, then where did these scores come from? From The Press Box and DCX (formerly corpsrep) both have this listed.

August 8, 1987

DCI Midwest Prelims

Saint Louis MO

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 94.800

2 Garfield Cadets 93.600

3 Cavaliers 92.700

4 Spirit of Atlanta 88.200

5 Star of Indiana 88.000

6 Madison Scouts 87.600

7 Sky Ryders 81.700

8 Florida Wave 80.800

9 Dutch Boy 79.400

10 Boston Crusaders 79.100

If I remember right, Madison got rained on so hard that no one left the stands because it so was amazingly awesome!

22 hours ago, Barneveld said:

If prelims were indeed cancelled, as you claim, then where did these scores come from? From The Press Box and DCX (formerly corpsrep) both have this listed.

August 8, 1987

DCI Midwest Prelims

Saint Louis MO

1 Santa Clara Vanguard 94.800

2 Garfield Cadets 93.600

3 Cavaliers 92.700

4 Spirit of Atlanta 88.200

5 Star of Indiana 88.000

6 Madison Scouts 87.600

7 Sky Ryders 81.700

8 Florida Wave 80.800

9 Dutch Boy 79.400

10 Boston Crusaders 79.100

you are correct, and I am growing older.  Prelims were postponed a few hours which caught up with the corps for a later starting finals when the storm hit that night. My bad memory. It's been 31 years and several months since then. Note the date of the contest.  Championships used to occur the middle of August before college football season and Midwestern school starts shortened the season.

Edited by xandandl

21 hours ago, karuna said:

Lots and lots of well paying July 4 parades here in the Midwest.  The Chicago area has tons of them.   You can split your corps and make some good money. 

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lots and lots of well paying July 4 parades here in the Midwest.  The Chicago area has tons of them.   You can split your corps and make some good money. 

The Crusaders have made it a habit of several years of splitting their corps on July Fourth to do multiple (and simultaneous) parades. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

True but calendar-wise that won't work out. 

Besides Crown loved (loves) the Bristol parade for the experience;  I don't think it was about the $$ or the DCI shows.    

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, karuna said:

Besides Crown loved (loves) the Bristol parade for the experience;  I don't think it was about the $$ or the DCI shows.    

Bristol always loved Crown, especially on Hope St.

19 hours ago, karuna said:

ehh - Money's tight