A Chance to respond to DCI about FloMarching

2 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

The one question had a multiple choice answer.  They were basically asking what type of customer were you over the past two seasons.  As I recall the answer options included the following:

2017 Purchase

2017 & 2018 Purchase

2018 Purchase

Created account but did not purchase

I don't know why I got this email

"None because I live in Europe and the I in DCI is clearly for aesthetic reasons only"  🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got that survey plus one from Flo. The one from Flo had a place for comments so I griped about having to watch in real-time and not having a delay option.  Even a 24-window would be better than nothing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never get surveys from them.  Ever. 

me too. i think they fear our answers LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

I got that survey plus one from Flo. The one from Flo had a place for comments so I griped about having to watch in real-time and not having a delay option.  Even a 24-window would be better than nothing.

Like when you "rent a movie" online.  make it only work once and you can stop and start if you have to.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Annnnnd the response would be licensing issues..... got the flomarching survey too but didn’t watch enough for a valid opinion 

yet when one of the DCA regular season shows had big issues another company reran it a few weeks later. Too bad I missed the rerun 😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Annnnnd the response would be licensing issues..... got the flomarching survey too but didn’t watch enough for a valid opinion 

yet when one of the DCA regular season shows had big issues another company reran it a few weeks later. Too bad I missed the rerun 😫

My non-lawyer thoughts would be a 24-hour time limit might be easier to license than a total on-demand for the season.

I'm sure the catch is live versus Memorex. (Are they even around anymore?)

20 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

My non-lawyer thoughts would be a 24-hour time limit might be easier to license than a total on-demand for the season.

My thoughts too. Wonder if there is an “oh crap” clause that could be used if the expected showing does not occur. Maybe the few weeks (iirc) delay was to set up the licensing.

flo is a 3rd rate company, but they're smart enough to know that people who want to watch streaming dci throughout the season have no other choice and will continue buying their awful subscription. 

what do you think they do with the feedback they get?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

live vs any delay is the legalese that keeps from any type of on demand service, even a 24 hour delay. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lance said:

flo is a 3rd rate company, but they're smart enough to know that people who want to watch streaming dci throughout the season have no other choice and will continue buying their awful subscription. 

what do you think they do with the feedback they get?  

when Flo first came out, I trashed them deservedly and mercilessly. I got tired of every feed issue being my fault ( connection, browser, device, weather, the stars and planets out of alignment).....but after the Broken Arrow fiasco, they really have gotten a lot better, and I have given them the props for it. It's not perfect, but no live streaming service is, just as live event feeds on regular tv have issues sometimes. Their customer service has gotten better too. 

And the content they've been posting has been great, especially so far this current WGI season. I haven't watched any streams yet, but outside of sound issues at one show ( and I have a solution for them.....if you're so worried about picking up judges comments, don't put the #### mics near the judges!)....i havent seen a ton of complaints.

Of course it could be we just got used to it being what it is, but I do truly think they have gotten better in several respects.