Celebrating Corps Anniversaries

12 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh I was waiting for that one...😁

And playing your “greatest hits” for the show too...

well greatest recent hits anyways

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Remove Bridgemen (disqualified), and Cavaliers were indeed 7th in 1977.  Give your old mind some credit.

Ah ha! Cancel that online order for that bottle of Prevagen. 

• Haha 1

Not DCI but, for Kidsgrove Scouts' 100th Anniversary we did our first USA Tour to DCA. 

Next year will be our 5th USA Tour (110th year) and we'll be at DCI instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:10 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

2019 is the 100th Anniversary of the American Legion (SAL member myself). And next year will be the 100th of the drum corps that was started by the Post I belong to. No longer march with that corps but know they are planning for next year. 

Got me thinking... what have other corps done to celebrate their milestones.....

How was it marching in the first year of a new corps?:lol:

Yes, I know I am probably older than you.....................................................................

12 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

How was it marching in the first year of a new corps?:lol:

Yes, I know I am probably older than you.....................................................................

Lol I checked your info and got you beat by a few years as I would have aged out very late 70s if I was in Jr corps.

Irony is I started in a corps starting from scratch. Never made it out of the practice room as merged with someone else.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol I checked your info and got you beat by a few years as I would have aged out very late 70s if I was in Jr corps.

Irony is I started in a corps starting from scratch. Never made it out of the practice room as merged with someone else.

My first corps was a parade corps in 1976.  The West Allis Wranglers from West Allis, WI.  70s were great years for drum corps.

• Like 1