DCI FINALS .... of just The Cadet (Holy Name, Garfield, Bergen, etc) shows.

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

I might switch some of them around given more thought, but these are my overall favorites

1. 1997 - Philip Sparke show is still an all time favorite of mine

2. 1992 -- Skies

3. 1993 - King's

4. 1983 - Rocky Point

5. 1971 - America, the Brave...amazing show for its day (plus I marched in it!)

6. 1990 - Mass

7. 2011 - Angels 

8. 1985 - Candide!

9. 2005 - In the Zone

10. 1977 - A blast of a show

11. 1987 - Appalachian Spring

12. 2007 - Love that show!

I loved 77 even though they beat our ###.  But those shorts with the Cadets jackets.... 😳

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I loved 77 even though they beat our ###.  But those shorts with the Cadets jackets.... 😳

I knew it! You are a sucker for hot pants! (Or an 80 person horn line in the ‘70’s.)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

7.2007- This I believe:  I think this show should have won and didn't because of the controversial overuse of narration. This was a great performance year for the Cadets and they passionately delivered their message WITH WORDS...and like it or not this show set trends that are still commonly used in DCI. 

But, there are many who felt GH melt down about the hash marks didn't help.  Plus, others felt there was no way the BD would lose in California.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

But, there are many who felt GH melt down about the hash marks didn't help.  Plus, others felt there was no way the BD would lose in California.

Or some people just thought the show was so cheesy and hid a great corps

• Like 1

I think 2000 was an all time great show  2005 was something to behold 1984 was just stunning 1987 awesome  but being an old guy to answer some  questions the backward soloist in Maria in the 60,s was incredible

15 hours ago, Ghost said:

Good points... especially since finals was in Cali.. I am not a judge though haha I am sure BD won on the sheets.

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Makes me flash back to the Blue Stars guard in the early 70's. Best guard uni ever, when I was marching!   😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Makes me flash back to the Blue Stars guard in the early 70's. Best guard uni ever, when I was marching!   😎

Except they were wearing short sleeved shirts.  I don’t mind the shorts so much as the look of the Cadets jackets with them.  It was kind of strange. 

• Like 1