Business Privilege Taxes?

On 3/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, Fred Windish said:

Just noticed a new story on the Allentown Morning Call website. I immediately thought of the Cadets. There is a taxing conflict between the City of Allentown and the home of the Parkettes National Gymastics Team, an organization somewhat similar to the Cadets.

Seems to me, a new issue for the Cadets to deal with COULD present itself. Not good in a year like this!   Perhaps not, if the Cadets have already been paying a Business Privilege Tax to Allentown, or it’s already clear they have no obligation to do so. 

I’d like to think non-profits do not pay this tax.  I have no insight if other corps already deal with this, but know I wouldn’t want such a surprise thrown at the Cadets right now.

www.morningcall.com

What is this, a fishing expedition?

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Doubt if this one is legally a hospital. Checked the link and this is a rehab facility. If anything like the ones in my area of PA there is no walk up checking in or emergency admissions. All patients are referred by doctors or hospitals (and insurance companies)  as patients come in with specific needs. 

Just trying to clear this up as the legalities get murkier. And interesting they used the word hospital in the write up. 

And oh man have I had experience dealing with rehab facilities the last few years....

Click on the link. Look at the bold line under locations:  they make the claim that they are: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation (Hospital).

https://www.goodshepherdrehab.org/locations/find-location/inpatient-rehabilitation-locations/good-shepherd-rehabilitation-hospital

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Click on the link. Look at the bold line under locations:  they make the claim that they are: Good Shepherd Rehabilitation (Hospital).

https://www.goodshepherdrehab.org/locations/find-location/inpatient-rehabilitation-locations/good-shepherd-rehabilitation-hospital

Just checked the local in patient rehabs that I am familiar with and they have hospital after rehabilitation also. Must be a legal thing to be designated a hospital if you have patients staying over. Local rehab center that does not have beds does not mention hospital. 

What I learned today....

edit: checked places that have both nursing home environment and rehab for long term care and/or people too weak for usual rehab places. Interestingly it’s rehab and “health center” or “health services”

On topic: A-town needs money and gonna try to get it somehow..... and if parsing words out of a license wil do it then....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

52 minutes ago, garfield said:

Aren't they all?

The two of you are bent because someone mentioned the cadets? :peek::lol:

1 minute ago, E3D said:

The two of you are bent because someone mentioned the cadets? :peek::lol:

Nope. Just classic internet trolling, drop something here alleging a problem with zero proof of an actual problem. No drum corps, probably especially the Cadets, deserves this sort of trolling 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Nope. Just classic internet trolling, drop something here alleging a problem with zero proof of an actual problem. No drum corps, probably especially the Cadets, deserves this sort of trolling 

This is what makes the interweb fun. Don't cry just join in. 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I saw it as asking if it could affect Cadets... iow serious question from someone from the area and knows local situation... also coming from someone I have not seen trolling before 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I saw it as asking if it could affect Cadets...

They had me at Cadets. :united:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You know the OP is not a troll.  He is a responsible and serious poster and there is nothing to suggest his motivation was anything other than legitimate concern.  

As for it being about the Cadets, it is about something happening in Allentown.  If it was happening in Fort Mill, we would talking about whether it affects Crown.

if you have reason to understand this is not a legitimate concern, please enlighten us so we won't worry and won't have a reason to discuss it anymore.

Edited by skevinp
  • Like 2