Spots/Holes 2019

7 minutes ago, Rudy18 said:

As long as all of your dues are paid and your season is over, you can join any corps that still needs members and still has a tour ongoing. In HW our last show was the Atlanta regional, so the members that went to other corps after we’re able to march the last two weeks of world class tour for no extra money.

So a member in a WC corps, cannot jump to another WC corps during the season? So long as both are actively touring?

6 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

So a member in a WC corps, cannot jump to another WC corps during the season? So long as both are actively touring?

I don’t think so, it only worked out for HW because of the shorter tour. The only way to get out of a full touring corps after march 1st (if you’ve signed a contract) is to have the corps director’s permission to leave, which is unlikely.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Also including another certain circuits Finals Weekend over Labor Day lol

A recent DCI Champion Corps came from behind that recent season with their late season incorporation of a featured soloist that was from another DCI Drum Corps too. People marveled at the new soloist performer and  judges clearly took note as well. Its all perfectly legal and within the current rules of DCI performance competition to include a late season transfer from another DCI Drum Corps into your DCI Drum Corps and to have them perform and compete at the DCI Championships competitions with your Corps that season. 

Edited by BRASSO

Back to the topic...

Around move-in (mid-May) is a good time to look for spots, as some members at that point realize they can't make the $ numbers work, or get the spring semester college grades and realize they have to take summer classes, etc. Corps, even top 12, often have trouble filling low brass. 

• 2 months later...

So, I actually spent several days emailing every single corps director in both DCI open and world class.

After compiling all the data collected from their responses, I have found that 18 CORPS HAVE APPROXIMATELY 229 HOLES!!   My company, marchdrumcorps, actually took the time to do this because we had hundreds of students still looking for a home this summer.  Our students got first dibs on the list, but I'm sure many of them decided not to march this summer.

We'll probably continue creating databases in many years to come. Anyone is welcome to access this list we compiled by just shooting us an email or filling out this quick form: tinyurl.com/2019HOLES

-Ben

Ben Liebman

www.marchdrumcorps.com

mdc@marchdrumcorps.com

• Thanks 1