SmartMusic And Boston Crusaders

Technology plays a key role in the Boston Crusaders off season development. The Boston Crusaders brass program partners with SmartMusic (https://www.smartmusic.com/), a web based music education platform. SmartMusic allows our brass players to learn exercises, technical studies, and a range of repertoire from chorales to parade music and of course… our field production. Read the […]

View the full article

It's a great tool and really keeps the performers engaged.  It can be hilarious as a parent listening to a MM who is aiming for a high score on an assignment and hearing "WHAT?!", "Oh, c'mon!", "Ugh!", followed be "WOOHOO!!" 😄 😄  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ghost said:

Reads like it's a great tool.  Glad we didn't have this decades ago.  Then again, none of us could read music so it wouldn't have helped us.

..... nor knowing.... " whats a comp  puder " ? :biggrin:

34 minutes ago, FTNK said:

This would have killed my "it's just the tape recorder, I can't afford a good microphone!" excuse...

Ya... can't use " the dog ate my homework " excuse no more with this either.

• Haha 1

All kidding aside.. 'sounds like a very useful tool to me. I can see where it would provide instant feedback to an individual's off season development, allowing to chart one's own progress, and be helpful to instructors as well.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

All kidding aside.. 'sounds like a very useful tool to me. I can see where it would provide instant feedback to an individual's off season development, allowing to chart one's own progress, and be helpful to instructors as well.

Wonder if any brass staff are on their payroll like others in the marching arts.

Many groups have been using SM for years. It was used with cadets and C2 and I know others have used this or similar products.