DCI LEAVES (downtown) INDY!

Maybe it's just me.... but what's the big deal about an organization moving its HQ to a different building in a different part of the same area?  Not sure this is such a major event here.  LOL.

The spice company McCormick has been headquartered in Baltimore County, MD, not far from where I live, for decades... they recently moved into a new HQ building a few miles from their old one, in the same county. And the world didn't end. :tongue:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Maybe it's just me.... but what's the big deal about an organization moving its HQ to a different building in a different part of the same area?  Not sure this is such a major event here.  LOL.

The spice company McCormick has been headquartered in Baltimore County, MD, not far from where I live, for decades... they recently moved into a new HQ building a few miles from their old one, in the same county. And the world didn't end. :tongue:

Anyone would move from dun-tun Harrisburg to the burbs my first thought would be “yeah parking” and then lower blood pressure not driving thru the city.

Have a lot of businesses playing location hopscotch west of the city. Number 1 reason given is cost of rent.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

it could be they need more room. it could be costs. it could be a combination of things. in the end, if it's not killing DCI, who cares?

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it could be they need more room. it could be costs. it could be a combination of things. in the end, if it's not killing DCI, who cares?

Exactly.

It would be a bigger deal if they were moving to another city or state... but this is same town, different address.  LOL.

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Exactly.

It would be a bigger deal if they were moving to another city or state... but this is same town, different address.  LOL.

well it is the offseason, so i guess we need some kind of drama in between court dates

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Tim K said:

I can think of two good points that would not be deal breakers, but are bonuses. One, I don’t know how many people work at DCI Headquarters, but my guess is that in Downtown Indy, that means paying for parking. I would see this as a free parking zone. If they did start having to pay for a lease, this looks less lavish than a downtown office suite and far less than what they have today. Appearances are important and often speak volumes. This looks more appropriate for a nonprofit. Regarding noise, I live near railroad crossings with about twenty inbound to Boston and another twenty outbound trains  out of Boston, and after a while you barely notice. 

I've heard that the downtown space they have is woefully inadequate, in addition to being in a horrible building (I think they lost their A/C for most or all of last summer), and in the basement of that building no less. The parking thing is probably a lot of it too.

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am trying to figure out why there are three pages of posts discussing why DCI has moved its office a few miles. I guess "offseasonitis".  

Hey I thought today’s fans were supposed to embrace change lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am trying to figure out why there are three pages of posts discussing why DCI has moved its office a few miles. I guess "offseasonitis".  

no new court dates or Philly.com articles, tho a big thing on Reddit about Southwind I am amazed hasn't hit here

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no new court dates or Philly.com articles, tho a big thing on Reddit about Southwind I am amazed hasn't hit here

Curious what that is? I was just on Reddit and only see things about open spots and a chef cooking their food?