DCI LEAVES (downtown) INDY!

On 3/11/2019 at 11:22 AM, Lead said:

I've heard that the downtown space they have is woefully inadequate, in addition to being in a horrible building (I think they lost their A/C for most or all of last summer), and in the basement of that building no less. The parking thing is probably a lot of it too.

All of this is true - I work in the building next door, and the building DCI is/was in went several weeks with no AC this summer.  They are down in the basement and are crammed into tiny cubicles, and the parking garage we share with them is falling down and often full.

I'm not surprised they would move, but out in generic airport office land is kind of a surprise. It will make running back to the office for supplies a LOT more difficult.

53 minutes ago, PaminIndy said:

All of this is true - I work in the building next door, and the building DCI is/was in went several weeks with no AC this summer.  They are down in the basement and are crammed into tiny cubicles, and the parking garage we share with them is falling down and often full.

I'm not surprised they would move, but out in generic airport office land is kind of a surprise. It will make running back to the office for supplies a LOT more difficult.

... for 4 days in a year.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, PaminIndy said:

Used to work the old car show in Hershey every October and traffic in the area is hardly traffic as it ain’t moving. We just rent box trucks for the week and anything we might need at the show gets loaded up. Park trucks at the show location and golf cart the stuff to where it’s needed.

Edited by JimF-LowBari