Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium goes cashless

Just a little advance heads-up for anyone planning to attend the Atlanta regional this summer. As of today, cash is no longer accepted at Mercedes Benz Stadium concession stands. Assume the individual corps souvie stands will still accept greenbacks.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/five-things-know-about-stadium-cashless-policy-before-atlanta-united-opener/JBDI3JVujba6tkxcj3NJnL/?fbclid=IwAR2pHMMCJfUp3mtD0t71sMLP6RB6tQcP9v-dQ13txByjPYNFbHTg1K4RRl0

Saw this one coming from a mile away. They also reduced their concession costs a little bit (.50) If you haven't been to the new stadium, it's pretty #### nice. The service at any of the beer stands at least was fast and friendly. 

When the AJC posted this story a lot of people where being all melodramatic vowing to never go to the Benz again. This is good news as far as I’m concerned. It’s 2019. I seriously don’t even remember the last time I touched cash. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, crownisking said:

When the AJC posted this story a lot of people where being all melodramatic vowing to never go to the Benz again. This is good news as far as I’m concerned. It’s 2019. I seriously don’t even remember the last time I touched cash. 

If I shop and they don’t have Apple Pay, I’m frustrated that I have to get out my card. :laughing: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not to mention the countless number of credit and debit cards that now offer incentives for swiping as often as possible. I don’t know if we’ll ever truly be a cashless society but we’re certainly headed in that direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Not to mention the countless number of credit and debit cards that now offer incentives for swiping as often as possible. I don’t know if we’ll ever truly be a cashless society but we’re certainly headed in that direction. 

Bingo.  I have my PNC rewards card linked to my Apple Pay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Bingo.  I have my PNC rewards card linked to my Apple Pay.

Yep. Between my BankAmeriDeals and Capital One Quicksilver, I’m earning something on just about every purchase I make. All I used to get when I’d spend cash is a bunch of smelly coins. 

• Like 1