Atlanta's Mercedes Benz Stadium goes cashless

The concessions at Mercedes are some of the best anywhere. $2 hot dogs. $2 soda with unlimited refills. Kudos to Arthur Blank for making it such a family-friendly venue.

• Like 2

I don't know if there is anyway to be completely cashless.  The company I work for, a retailer, is investigating going cashless in a new concept and is realizing we can't go 100% cashless.  As much as we use cards and phones to pay, there are some people who don't have that ability and use cash.  But in researching, we found that the percentage of cash users is only 1% in the retail world.  I recently went on a trip to Iceland and didn't use cash at all; for anything.  That was new for me.  Total card use.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I don't know if there is anyway to be completely cashless.  The company I work for, a retailer, is investigating going cashless in a new concept and is realizing we can't go 100% cashless.  As much as we use cards and phones to pay, there are some people who don't have that ability and use cash.  But in researching, we found that the percentage of cash users is only 1% in the retail world.  I recently went on a trip to Iceland and didn't use cash at all; for anything.  That was new for me.  Total card use.

Yes and no. Prepaid debit cards are sold in just about every gas station and retail store known to mankind and reloading them is a pretty easy. Perhaps you could make the case that the poorest of the poor wouldn't have access to this but they wouldn't be at MBS anyway. 

13 hours ago, LabMaster said:

There was a story on the news last week that Philly just passed a law that requires all businesses to accept cash.

They said being 100% cashless hurts low income individuals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

There was a story on the news last week that Philly just passed a law that requires all businesses to accept cash.

They said being 100% cashless hurts low income individuals.

I bet it really really hurts street musicians. I used to drop change in the open case, but I never have cash on me anymore...

Not sure if I can post on this site since it isn't about abuse of corps members or how terrible a former corps director was, However does anyone know when tickets for the MB stadium show go on sale, I seem to remember getting them much earlier last year however as an old geezer my memory might not be that great.

Every transactions costs the people selling you stuff more money.  I hardly carry cash but anyone in the food business knows margins are thin and credit/debit transfers add up to big costs for the vendor.

Honestly, even though I'm young, I prefer cash. Its something tangible (which I also prefer), and its harder to steal an identity with the use of cash.