Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

1 hour ago, BigW said:

That's interesting. I would also assume the individuals associated with those companies also retain their affiliation as well as clinicians, etc.?

I am sure that would be the case. Just as it is when a clinician has a deal and the Corps may have a deal with a competing brand.

• Thanks 1

apparently it's BOA too. they're just cutting back

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Cutting back is a sound business decision when necessary....BUT not commenting WHY beyond a contract expiration....just leaves for countless speculation...especially after being a "partner" for so long...just sayin'

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wow... that is a big move. Sadly, Vic is probably rolling in his grave.

31 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Wow... that is a big move. Sadly, Vic is probably rolling in his grave.

Vic chose to turn his company over to Zildjian before he passed away because he respected them as a family business. So he would likely understand the business decisions made by Zildjian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Vic chose to turn his company over to Zildjian before he passed away because he respected them as a family business. So he would likely understand the business decisions made by Zildjian.

yeah i'm not sure why the rationale....but i am sure there had to be a good business decision. Still with WGI

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Tricia is getting beat up pretty good on Twitter by those who I imagine, have some kind of vested interest.  Always shooting the messenger in this activity. 

well i wont jump on her, but the way she conveyed the message was if it had to do with DCI's problems...and it doesn't appear to be that at all, as BOA hasn't been in the news ( at least so far)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2