Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i wont jump on her, but the way she conveyed the message was if it had to do with DCI's problems...and it doesn't appear to be that at all, as BOA hasn't been in the news ( at least so far)

Only marginally in the articles and that is only due to people named have crossover into the band activity.  

I don’t know why the partnership has ended.  She was only reporting.  There are some who lay in wait to jump in her ####. 

• Like 2

So the net effect is that we won't see any Zildjian or Vic Firth banners surrounding the field but there will still be lots of stuff from both used on the field. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Only marginally in the articles and that is only due to people named have crossover into the band activity.  

I don’t know why the partnership has ended.  She was only reporting.  There are some who lay in wait to jump in her ####. 

i got jumped too, and for all the wrong reasons. i don't think that person will like me much longer

31 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

So the net effect is that we won't see any Zildjian or Vic Firth banners surrounding the field but there will still be lots of stuff from both used on the field. 

and still lot videos

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say. 

not losing sleep.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

not losing sleep.

At least you didn’t get called skippy, giffie or Peter Pan.... wth... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFZFAN said:

Maybe that's the point. Perhaps the corporation felt the extra money spent on the partnership was redundant and that their money was more effective by being used with the individual corps and clinicians

• Like 4

What does Vic Firth/Zildjian really get by sponsoring DCI or BOA?....they get to place a banner up at a show.  When the same companies sponsor and support individual corps they get there logos on the corps trucks the logos are on the stick bags etc...  All those groups get recognition through social media ( Like the Vic Firth learn the music youtube vids).  All the stick/cymbal companies are getting most of their recognition from that.......Spending money for DCI to pot a banner is a waste of money in my opinion.

• Like 1