Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

Why not going for possible DCI sponsorship from Carvana?

Carvana was listed #5 on Forbes America's Most Promising Companies. It brings auto shopping online in a compelling way, complete with financing and direct-to-your-door delivery. Founders Ernie Garcia, Jr. Ryan Keeton and Benjamin Huston saw revenue explode starting in 2014. Says CEO Garcia, who'd previously worked in finance in New York: "Autos are a trillion dollar industry. It’s the most complained about retail industry out there. I asked, why aren’t there any modern tools being used to give customers a good experience?"

Edited by Stu

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Or... Maybe they are sport athletic minded to the point where DCI is "One Time, at Band Camp." I say so what, it is their opinion, who cares, move on. Why spend time trying to convince them DCI is athletic when there is Mike Lindel to talk to showing him how many people he can reach by saying "MyPillow presents DCI Championships!"

Good point. Could very well be the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Good point. Could very well be the case.

But unlike Garfield, I don't care if that is their opinion; they make excellent products, they are a solid ethical company, and I will continue to buy their priducts even if they think marching is silly.

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

Or... Maybe they are sport athletic minded to the point where DCI is "One Time, at Band Camp."

Per their website, they make clothes for "sports" like yoga and fishing.  Nothing says athletic like sitting on your fat ### drinking beer and waiting for a fish to bite a hook.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Per their website, they make clothes for "sports" like yoga and fishing.  Nothing says athletic like sitting on your fat ### drinking beer and waiting for a fish to bite a hook.

However, athletics and sports are not synonyms. There are athletic activities which are not sports, and there are sport activities which are not athletic.

By the way this is why they market to those you just insulted: "The U.S. Department of the Interior announced a new report by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that shows that 101.6 million Americans—40 percent of the U.S. population 16 years old and older—participated in wildlife-related activities in 2016, such as hunting, fishing, and wildlife-watching."

Edited by Stu

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Jim lives in Under Armour.  I think he has every golf shirt they’ve manufactured. And he ain’t climbing mountains anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

But unlike Garfield, I don't care if that is their opinion; they make excellent products, they are a solid ethical company, and I will continue to buy their priducts even if they think marching is silly.

Plus, they're based in Baltimore and have done a great deal to help revitalize parts of the city... so they have my support for that.  The city needs all the help it can get. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

However, athletics and sports are not synonyms. There are athletic activities which are not sports, and there are sport activities which are not athletic.

By the way this is why the market to thise you just insulted: "The U.S. Department of the Interior announced a new report by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that shows that 101.6 million Americans—40 percent of the U.S. population 16 years old and older—participated in wildlife-related activities in 2016, such as hunting, fishing, and wildlife-watching."

I didn't insult them, just the notion that they are more athletic than dci.  

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim lives in Under Armour.  I think he has every golf shirt they’ve manufactured. And he ain’t climbing mountains anymore. 

Didn't you mention something about him not posting on DCP anymore? Now we know why! He supports UA and they hate marcing arts!!!! 😮

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Didn't you mention something about him not posting on DCP anymore? Now we know why! He supports UA and they hate marcing arts!!!! 😮

Of course, being banned from DCP might have something to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1