Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

But unlike Garfield, I don't care if that is their opinion; they make excellent products, they are a solid ethical company, and I will continue to buy their products even if they think marching is silly.

With you on that.

Heck.... maybe they're missing out on an opportunity... but maybe they're not.  Either way... my life plods ahead.  LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, Jurassic Lancer said:

Of course, being banned from DCP might have something to do with it.

Everything he wears has UA or a swoosh on it...shoes, socks, shirts...  

You’ve seen him.  He looks like he’s never left Dick’s sports.  😂 

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Nothing says athletic like sitting on your fat ### drinking beer and waiting for a fish to bite a hook.

30 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I didn't insult them, just the notion that they are more athletic than dci.  

That quote of yours looks rather insulting; especially to Michael Iaconelli, Rick Clunn, Johnny Morris, etc... This also shows you think of the art of fishing in the same unserious making-fun of way others make fun of marching band kids.

Edited by Stu

34 minutes ago, Stu said:

That quote of yours looks rather insulting; especially to Michael Iaconelli, Rick Clunn, Johnny Morris, etc... This also shows you think of the art of fishing in the same unserious making-fun of way others make fun of marching band kids.

If they make clothes for exercises in patience, you may be singlehandedly keeping them in business.  😄

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If they make clothes for exercises in patience, you may be singlehandedly keeping them in business.  😄

You should go fly-fishing with me sometime. It will teach you patience, rhythm, and a mind-set deeper than most people have ever experienced (not kidding). And I will even let you borrow one of my UA shirts (ok that was kidding... sort of).

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

You should go fly-fishing with me sometime. It will teach you patience, rhythm, and a mind-set deeper than most people have ever experienced (not kidding). And I will even let you borrow one of my UA shirts (ok that was kidding... sort of).

Jim fishes the lake behind our house wearing his UA dryfit tees. (He’s pulled big smallies out of that lake). 

Correction:  Largemouth Bass.  What do I know? 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, garfield said:

Why I'll never wear, or own the stock of, Under Armour, from their people directly to DCI's marketing team (many years ago now):  "The [dc/mb] activity is just not the image we want for the UA brand."  I ran a show for over a decade and saw more than 75 drum corps.  I was, and am, astounded at the number of dc mm's who wear the UA brand all over the place.

There's that.

And when, in 2017, I said so HERE, I was personally gratified to watch the company struggle and the stock get cut in half from where it was when I posted it.

You're right Stu, maybe now is the time to be magnanimous and see if UA might now be interested in talking about the class of kids dc/mb brings to UA's business model. 

UA may have been, and may still be, idiots (IMO) but I'm pretty sure they'll listen to a savvy marketing plan if DCI has one.

i have mentioned UA so many times to someone I know that works there and is an alum...they were told the same thing when they asked

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Kevin Plank and his crew are no idiots, by any stretch of the imagination.

I would think they would listen, if, as you say, they're approached with a savvy marketing pitch.

Perhaps DCI is so far under the radar that Under Armour is, for all intents and purposes, unaware of the whole thing as a potential market. That would be up to DCI to try to make them aware.

or DCI's marketing is...well...DCI.

but the VF/Z thing wasn't DCi's call

• Like 1