Vic Firth/Zildjian no longer DCI partner

26 minutes ago, garfield said:

Ewww...quite good.  Tasty, in fact.  So tasty that I'd bet they have "Conflict of Interest" policies that prevent such a thing.

Else everyone everywhere in the music business would be soliciting them to get some money back, right?

By that standard, every equipment-related rule change since 1972 has been a conflict of interest.  But this is how DCI does business.  So since Tresona offers services related to music licensing, a DCI sponsorship would be one more way to give them additional visibility to the greater music education market they wish to control serve.

41 minutes ago, garfield said:

(And thanks for the attempted save.  Let's see if the Old (car) drivers can park long enough to stay OT)

Ok next time I see something the old car world is doing in the way of sponsorships that might be useful for DCI I’ll keep it too myself. Like.... looking outside of one demographic ...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok next time I see something the old car world is doing in the way of sponsorships that might be useful for DCI I’ll keep it too myself. Like.... looking outside of one demographic ...

I can start that for you as to looking outside a narrow demographic at the Elegance...

Let me see.... They bring young people in from about 8 to 12 as youth judges at the Elegance and they present their own trophy. Usually an experienced Concours Judge is with them discussing things with the kids who have simplified sheets, so they're subtly helping develop the youth end and also future potential judges. Of course the trophy is sponsored. Heh, why not do that at a DCI contest? 

They've brought in NASCAR personalities who also have serious interests in Vintage autos. Ray Evernham is the skinniest man alive, I swear. Also very unassuming and accessible. Another demographic brought in. Ray's appearance was... sponsored. A way to show the event is for everyone, just not the wine sipping well-heeled owners who bring their vehicles.

Some vehicles are chosen to draw in people who aren't necessarily interested. They had the James Bond DB5 from Goldfinger, machine guns, wheel cutters, ejection seat and all that attracted many people who would otherwise not attend the event.

Just some off the top.

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not necessary.  It was a good lead, it just wandered into swap meets and feather dusters.  :-)

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Not necessary.  It was a good lead, it just wandered into swap meets and feather dusters.  🙂

Only way I could think of to describe the entire spectrum of the activity. Would kind of be like saying to an unknowing person (like a sponsor) “Drum Corps” without detail. They might just think about the shows and miss other areas. 

And there is MONEY in that “flea” market (see “swap” on the web but only thing swapped is $$$$$) 100-150 acres of spaces sold that are used over a few day period....😲

Edited by JimF-LowBari