DeLasalle Oaklands

Other than Joel Alleyne, what other names come from this corps? The only time I saw them was their last time at Butler, PA show and half the corps passed out after the last note that was held out for ever!

Joel was the drum major that went on to the Oakland Crusaders, wasn't he? Quite the showman ala (arrghh what was his name) from the Chicago Vanguard. 

First saw DeLasalle in '73 and again in '74. They had rising stars written all over them. 

I thought it odd that they merged with Etobicoke Crusaders since, at the time, both corps were doing well. I'm guessing that winter took it's toll. I do remember many corps in the Toronto area plus corps in Kitchener-Waterloo area too

My enduring memory of this corps is their performance at the 1971 U.S. Open finals.

They tore the house down that night. Absolutely electric!!!

5 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I do remember many corps in the Toronto area plus corps in Kitchener-Waterloo area too

As do I and had drum corps experiences in both cities. Good times.

18 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

My enduring memory of this corps is their performance at the 1971 U.S. Open finals.

They tore the house down that night. Absolutely electric!!!

They sure did, Fran!  When they tore off the line playing Miserlou, they had the crowd begging for more.

Along with Blue Rock, Del was the most impressive corps at that show.

• Like 1