Mandarins 2019!

If you come for recognizable tunes you can tap your foot to... Thanks to all the  dullards drum corps has been dumbed down and is more like BOA anymore.  Please play interesting music which is what drew me to  DC in the first place.  never mind..

I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say that Mandarins did something really big last year.  And this year, they are doing something even bigger.  Much bigger.   

If they can pull off their vision, I think people will be talking A LOT about this show.  Wow.

That's enough vague-booking for now.    I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Full field rotating stage this year? 😉.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to the Field Pass, this show sounds fascinating.  Read up on this tunnel/underground society thing in Turkey they discuss that the show is inspired by and wow.  Sounds really creepy but fascinating.  Kinda reminds me of the movie Us which creeps me the hell out.  :4_joy:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/03/150325-underground-city-cappadocia-turkey-archaeology/

Sounds like another show I'll love.

• Like 3

Word on the street (or from Friends & Family performance this weekend) is that this show is going to be much stronger than last years, and the squad is already significantly sharper than at this point a year ago. With 3 performances this week, we'll get a bit of a glimpse on how true that is. 

Just now, DCIdad said:

Word on the street (or from Friends & Family performance this weekend) is that this show is going to be much stronger than last years, and the squad is already significantly sharper than at this point a year ago. With 3 performances this week, we'll get a bit of a glimpse on how true that is. 

Devils advocate - Who isn't?

• Like 2

JW should win the STUD OF THE CENTURY award. I just saw a video of the show. Definitely a step up from last year. Well designed like the last two years, but a big step up in difficulty - musically and visually, which should boost their content scores. Will be interesting to see where they place - of course, it's all going to depend on where everyone else falls, but this is a show that can compete for 8th IMO, and knowing JW I wouldn't be surprised if it did. I liked last year's show a lot, but I already like this one a #### more. Much more interesting and dynamic.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2