Mandarins 2019!

Well done Mandarins! Great season start!!

• Like 1

Another captivating show.  I think it needs some time to grow together though, but I have no doubt the corps will get it there.

I don’t think anybody who has seen Mandarins live this year has any doubts about them being a finalist corps again this year. The real question is how high up they can finish above last year. This is a very aggressive show, and they are performing it with focus and intensity. They do a great job of building the energy level throughout the show. With the right tweaks and additions this show will be impressive, memorable, and a fan favorite. It won’t surprise me at all if they are pushing that sixth spot hard come finals week. This is not your father’s Mandarins!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Photographer Jim said:

I don’t think anybody who has seen Mandarins live this year has any doubts about them being a finalist corps again this year. The real question is how high up they can finish above last year. This is a very aggressive show, and they are performing it with focus and intensity. They do a great job of building the energy level throughout the show. With the right tweaks and additions this show will be impressive, memorable, and a fan favorite. It won’t surprise me at all if they are pushing that sixth spot hard come finals week. This is not your father’s Mandarins!

I agree. It's a very aggressive show. The guard is wild and when performed well amazing. But the drumline is what is a huge improvement. The kinda reminded me of those aggressive BD drum lines from the mid 90's. This show is def. a mid-tear scoring show. I guess from 91-93 scores. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, EuphoniumDad said:

And tonight topped the Cadets in Hattiesburg, MS by 0.6! First time ever. Historic.

Congrats, Mandarins. Keep climbing, and keep it weird!

This and a win tonight in Alabama will send confidence levels sky high going into Atlanta. BK may want to start checking their rear view mirror. 

• Like 4