Blue Knights 2019!

You know the drill!

I personally hope to see a closer like 2015. I loved that closer.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

You know the drill!

I personally hope to see a closer like 2015. I loved that closer.

It took a while to grow on me, but once they dialed it in, yeah, that was a fantastic musical moment.  And the use of color for the visual was amazing.

• 1 month later...

I went to the BK Memorial Day Pot Luck with my BK Vet son yesterday.  Had a great time.  He got to reconnect with old friends and we both got our annual early look at BK's new show.  Now, I'm not going to steal BK's thunder by giving anything away...they'll announce when they are ready.  But from what I've seen, here are a few comments:

1.  The opener will knock your socks off.  THREE soloists!!

2.  BK likes their Battery gimmicks and this year is no different.  They have one in the opener that is SOOO cool.

3.  My son knows about this stuff and he was really impressed by the level of performance this early in the game.  I was impressed by the guard.

Next look at BK...their send off show next month.  After that...DATR.  Here we go folks!!

:dancin:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Was at the Memorial Day event, too. Show merch already is on display and Mark Arnold talked to the crowd about the show theme and the music. But, as with Herk, I'll let BK handle the reveal themselves. Perhaps they don't plan one and don't care whether anyone knows, but I'll leave all that to them.

We heard only the opener and the 2nd movement; the first with drill, the second in an arc. The latter is a Jay Bocook original. As far as those two pieces go, the vibe seems to be to be very 2014-15 BK, especially given the show theme. The opener is a masterpiece of tension buildup and release. From the very first note the guard is featured prominently. The second movement, musically anyway, is a tornado. Many, many notes. And if you're a mellophone fan, there are 20 of them on the field.

The battery is as musical as ever. A very simple (not to say easy), elegant power to the opener that old drum guys like me will want to see/hear again and again. Over in the horn arc before the show-n-tell, BCH Keith Tye sure didn't seem to be worrying about holding back the horses one week into the season. He had the ensemble play "Away," and the kids blew down the goal post, only to have Keith tell them gee, that was nice, but play it again, only this time at full volume. They blew our hair back. "That's what I'm talkin' about!" he yelled to them even as the final chords were sounding.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

He had the ensemble play "Away," and the kids blew down the goal post, only to have Keith tell them gee, that was nice, but play it again, only this time at full volume. They blew our hair back.

I love drum corps.  🙂  Get it, BK! 

47 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

And if you're a mellophone fan, there are 20 of them on the field.

My son is on the mello line and he’s pretty impressed with the depth of experience and talent in the line.  Contracted 22 to March 20 I think.

5 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Was at the Memorial Day event, too. Show merch already is on display and Mark Arnold talked to the crowd about the show theme and the music. But, as with Herk, I'll let BK handle the reveal themselves. Perhaps they don't plan one and don't care whether anyone knows, but I'll leave all that to them.

We heard only the opener and the 2nd movement; the first with drill, the second in an arc. The latter is a Jay Bocook original. As far as those two pieces go, the vibe seems to be to be very 2014-15 BK, especially given the show theme. The opener is a masterpiece of tension buildup and release. From the very first note the guard is featured prominently. The second movement, musically anyway, is a tornado. Many, many notes. And if you're a mellophone fan, there are 20 of them on the field.

The battery is as musical as ever. A very simple (not to say easy), elegant power to the opener that old drum guys like me will want to see/hear again and again. Over in the horn arc before the show-n-tell, BCH Keith Tye sure didn't seem to be worrying about holding back the horses one week into the season. He had the ensemble play "Away," and the kids blew down the goal post, only to have Keith tell them gee, that was nice, but play it again, only this time at full volume. They blew our hair back. "That's what I'm talkin' about!" he yelled to them even as the final chords were sounding.

Have they been much set back by the varied weather they have had? I know it's not unusual for Colorado, but this year there seems to be a lot of it.