Blue Knights 2019!

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Have they been much set back by the varied weather they have had? I know it's not unusual for Colorado, but this year there seems to be a lot of it.

They’ve been posting a couple weather related photos on Instagram but so far it doesn’t seem to be getting them down. I was very impressed with some of the guard photos. Some sweet unison tosses. Can’t wait to hear one of my fave hornlines in DCI!

• Like 2

The snow chased them inside for much of Week 1, but the word is they used the indoor time productively, especially as it relates to visual skills. They had as much on the field this year as they did at last year's Memorial Day show-n-tell, so by that standard they seem to be right on track. And remember, BK has one month from . . . today before it puts this show in front of judges.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

. And remember, BK has one month from . . . today before it puts this show in front of judges.

plus the two hours of extra sleep the rest of us will sacrifice so that the Mountain Time and Pacific Coasters can see the Detroit show in the theaters during their afternoon snack and after work happy hours.  We East Coasters won't get home until the next day...if we can stay up that late.

chocolate fudge beside milk bottle

Edited by xandandl

46 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I’ll love them regardless but if any corps is due for a pop in placement I think it’s BK. I believe they’ve addressed the caption that may have been holding them back. 

That’s how I am feeling, the visual package the last two years didn’t quite live up to what they were playing and they’ve revamped that portion so I am excited.  

For me they are the freshest musical voice in the activity, the Apres Moi portion of the 2015 show and the Schwantner portion of the 2017 show tapped into something incredibly refreshing.   I can’t put a finger on what it was but watching those shows felt otherworldly.  I only got to see them once last year but their horn line blew me away and percussion speaks for itself.  

I’m really excited to see and hear what they are up to.  There are a few corps in that 6 - 10 range that are on the cusp of some special shows, BK included.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

That’s how I am feeling, the visual package the last two years didn’t quite live up to what they were playing and they’ve revamped that portion so I am excited.  

For me they are the freshest musical voice in the activity, the Apres Moi portion of the 2015 show and the Schwantner portion of the 2017 show tapped into something incredibly refreshing.   I can’t put a finger on what it was but watching those shows felt otherworldly.  I only got to see them once last year but their horn line blew me away and percussion speaks for itself.  

I’m really excited to see and hear what they are up to.  There are a few corps in that 6 - 10 range that are on the cusp of some special shows, BK included.  

Can I love your post a bajillion times?

One of my all time favorite quiet drum corps moments was their front ensemble arrangement of Jeux D’eau in 2008. It was totally lost on the audience. Philistines!

Edited by Brian Tuma

• 2 weeks later...

Gregory "GM" Kuzma, the Ascend Performing Arts Director of Operations, recently held a live Facebook video event where he gave out information and answered questions from viewers.  This was held on the "Blue Knights Family and Friends" Facebook group.  Since it's a closed group, I won't give the link to the video.  Those who are family or friends know where they can see it if they want.

But he gave some information that I find important or interesting.

1.  BK will announce their show title, theme and music right after their send-off show Jun 21st.

2.  BK asks that spectators at rehearsals or at the send-off show not post videos of the action until AFTER their first performance in CA.  Photos are okay.

3.  GM didn't describe this year's uniform, but he did say it is very dark colored.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 6:54 AM, Herk said:

Gregory "GM" Kuzma, the Ascend Performing Arts Director of Operations, recently held a live Facebook video event where he gave out information and answered questions from viewers.  This was held on the "Blue Knights Family and Friends" Facebook group.  Since it's a closed group, I won't give the link to the video.  Those who are family or friends know where they can see it if they want.

But he gave some information that I find important or interesting.

1.  BK will announce their show title, theme and music right after their send-off show Jun 21st.

2.  BK asks that spectators at rehearsals or at the send-off show not post videos of the action until AFTER their first performance in CA.  Photos are okay.

3.  GM didn't describe this year's uniform, but he did say it is very dark colored.

Announcing their show after the Bluecoats. Interesting move. Tell me why I like these two corps the best again?