Blue Knights 2019!

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:
Observations from the community performance  in Pueblo, Colo., on Wednesday evening.

Excellent crowd, beautiful  weather. 

No uniforms, no props.

And ... no cymbals. Like, at all, anywhere. They're absent from the instrumentation by design.

Lush, lush brass. Without the overtones of cymbals everywhere, it has a kind of dry, choral  quality.  Many exposed entrances. They are really going for the volume, but there is lots of that dynamic range BK does so well. Three soloists at the opening.

And they move, a lot. 

The first 90 seconds are vintage BK tension build, with a battery setup to the first hit that is sneaky perfect, like a fuse on firecracker. The entrance of the tenor feature will have the quadheads out there smiling. The overall battery sound is tenor-forward; snares didn't project as much as I expected. Perhaps a staging matter.

Oh, for the drum nerds: the battery is skinned in a blond wood look. Very neutral, and elegant.

Dont know the finer points of guard, but I can say they are up front and featured through the opener, mostly on equipment work. In the second movement they mix it up in the brass quite a bit.

Mark Arnold told the crowd that the corps will wear the 2019 uniform the standstill in Denver on Thursday.

Thx for the report!  I was hoping someone was there.

2 minutes ago, Forevergreen said:

At the theater tonite, show name and music revealed (as it was for l corps). I am excited to see and hear this show.

Do you remember what the music was?  I remember Hurt and that's it.  I wish I woulda jotted it down or taken a picture.  

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Do you remember what the music was?  I remember Hurt and that's it.  I wish I woulda jotted it down or taken a picture.  

Pic on reddit

"...I Remember Everything" is the show title. I linked to a picture of their rep in the programs thread.