Blue Knights 2019!

On 6/25/2019 at 3:05 PM, 2muchcoffeeman said:

See above

Just call me Notenoughcoffeeman....

Thanks for that! It's funny because I remember reading about Liquid on here; heck, I may have heard a version played by the Cadets during Spring training that year.

It's going to be a good one!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Haha 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cappybara said:

Because the recruiting base for the Blue Knights, especially the Denver area, ends school very late. So it is difficult for the corps to gather all their members for spring training. BK has been coming into the season late pretty often this past decade and other corps like Oregon Crusaders struggle with the same 

Actually, I’m not sure that this is accurate. This actually the first time in past decade that Blue Knights have joined the West Coast shows during the second week. It is for sure the first time in at least ten years when they have not been present at the Moonlight Classic in Sacramento. When I purchased my tickets this year I was totally surprised that they were not in the lineup. There are good reasons for starting a week late, I’m sure, but it is an unusual start for the season for BK

1 hour ago, Photographer Jim said:

Actually, I’m not sure that this is accurate. This actually the first time in past decade that Blue Knights have joined the West Coast shows during the second week. It is for sure the first time in at least ten years when they have not been present at the Moonlight Classic in Sacramento. When I purchased my tickets this year I was totally surprised that they were not in the lineup. There are good reasons for starting a week late, I’m sure, but it is an unusual start for the season for BK

Ah I must have gotten it confused with the fact that they have not had a closer on the field in the first 2 weeks for several years now 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Ah I must have gotten it confused with the fact that they have not had a closer on the field in the first 2 weeks for several years now 

In both 2017 and 2018, at least, they had the closer on the field before they left Colorado. I mean, I sat there and saw it at the sendoff show.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

In both 2017 and 2018, at least, they had the closer on the field before they left Colorado. I mean, I sat there and saw it at the sendoff show.

Are you sure about that? I remember quite a bit of outrage on DCP about them running around with an incomplete show

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Are you sure about that? I remember quite a bit of outrage on DCP about them running around with an incomplete show

In 2016, not since then.

• Like 1

BK has had a complete show the last two seasons to start.  2016 was the one that caused quite a stir, it wasn't on the field for just the west coast shows, it was well into the season, into July if I remember right.  

Regardless, I'm ecstatic to see what they're up to on Saturday.  I'm sure it'll join my favorites of the year if what I've seen/heard is any indication.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

The Mrs. and I are joining up in the food truck tomorrow, looking forward to seeing them in the flesh versus nasty cell phone videos.

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1