Blue Knights 2019!

6 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Something about BK's music books still draw me in after 5-6 years of writing in the same vein. They're beautiful and almost uniquely haunting. Something about the stark bareness of it all makes you want to sit forward and listen. Understated is the proper word, I think. They're still bringing a really fresh take on music to the football field, and I'm here for it. That opening build to the first hit is pure bliss!

I just had the ballad/closer up and was thinking the same thing. I couldn't have said it better myself.

BK has been one of my favorite corps since my first live show...and it's because I get so pulled into the show musically that I close my eyes and zone out. I am happy to see they are scoring well visually but I get so lost in the music that these shows that I have barely noticed that they are visually lacking the past 15 years.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, 2muchcoffeeman said:

FYI, about the ending of BK's show, see this in the show thread

Sounds like the new ending is a possibility for July 3rd.  And it looks to be a crazy closing minute or two.  If the show was a nail, this new ending will be the hammer!

• Like 2

Blue Knights Staff and Performers:  Thank you once again for taking us on a musical journey that is Unique. The new ending looks great.  

• Like 3

Just watched BK’s community performance in Eagle Point, Oregon.  Man this show is really starting to heat up.  Those 20 mellos are starting to get dialed in.  Show is a lot cleaner, and new stuff starting to appear now that the closer is in the field.  This going to be a really special show.  I think BK is getting ready to make a big move, and they’ll be doing it with fast feet and soulful hard-hitting music, not by hanging from poles or blinking lights!

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

they’ll be doing it with fast feet and soulful hard-hitting music

Soulful. That's the word.

My question is: Do these qualities satisfy the "creativity" and "originality" boxes on the scoresheets? Or does the idea of originality require the poles and blinking lights?

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman
  • Like 1

I feel like BK is bridging the gap between what drum corps has been and what it is now. There’s always elements that are pushing the envelope and the activity, but there’s no reliance on gimmicks or props to make the show motor. I like all the presentations I’ve seen from the drum corps this season, but it’s refreshing to see a corps show what’s possible by evoking emotion/thought through movement and playing with still the modern edge. BK has a times taken that to near the top tier and I feel this product this year has that same type of feel to it. That said, corps are so good and creativity abounds so who knows.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Soulful. That's the word.

My question is: Do these qualities satisfy the "creativity" and "originality" boxes on the scoresheets? Or does the idea of originality require the poles and blinking lights?

Soulful is on my score sheet.  Ladders are not.

Call me a dinosaur 🦕 if you want...

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/C2mPJABrirSL6bVw9

Took this from BK Facebook page. Think it's a beautiful pic that fits the theme.

• Like 1

Love Love Love this seasons show.
This is quickly becoming a favorite production of mine for 2019.
I can't wait to see what BK is going to look and sound like come Aug.  

Go BK

• Like 4