Blue Knights 2019!

Congratulations BK on an outstanding show at San Antonio.  What a strong musical program this year.   You guys really made a statement this evening.  Keep building on that.  Look forward to seeing you in Atlanta.

• Like 5

Wondering if there's anyone who knows for sure and can confirm this for me.  That ballad and the visuals with it.  Are they referencing Columbine as the memory there?  It sure looks like it the more I study it.  Some rushing into a classroom (a ring of mirrors) to hide, Tubas hiding behind their instruments, colorguard covering their ears.  Then when the guard starts dancing with the sheer fabrics, I counted them and the numbers match the victims.  Is that where they meant to go or is it coincidence?  Because when I view it with this in mind, it becomes an absolutely harrowing ballad to watch emotionally.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

While the hype is for Bloo and Concord Blue, there are two other Blue corps making some noise in the middle tier. Cheers to the Blue Knights and the Blue Stars; the other two Blues have not gone unnoticed! :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure some have noticed BK and BS.  Both those below them and above them.  (Or, they should be.)  Great shows both!

• Like 2

Thank you Blue Knights for bringing the slow, sustained musical build back to DCI...wasn't sure if such things were allowed anymore.  Best wishes on the rest of your season and I can't wait to hear it in Winston-Salem.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, modonn said:

Wondering if there's anyone who knows for sure and can confirm this for me.  That ballad and the visuals with it.  Are they referencing Columbine as the memory there?  It sure looks like it the more I study it.  Some rushing into a classroom (a ring of mirrors) to hide, Tubas hiding behind their instruments, colorguard covering their ears.  Then when the guard starts dancing with the sheer fabrics, I counted them and the numbers match the victims.  Is that where they meant to go or is it coincidence?  Because when I view it with this in mind, it becomes an absolutely harrowing ballad to watch emotionally.  

Good observation and interpretation. I know they won’t pander just to earn points but that is a great homage to their legacy and what some of their members went through during that horrific time if that is what they are trying to convey.   

I still own the purple pin with flowers representing each victim that passed that Bk sold in 1999.  I wear it with my suit every now and then.  I grew up in the Denver area and that day is one I’ll never forget.  Being in the education profession this and other unfortunate tragedies changed the landscape of our profession.  

Not to mention this is the 20th anniversary of that tragic day in April.  

Edited by Whiskey
  • Sad 1