Blue Knights 2019!

2 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

My curiosity about BK tonight concerns the psychology of it all. They've been in ST since May 21. Will they have the usual first-show jitters? Or are they so bottled up, sick of rehearsal and eager to go that they'll come out blazing? Or maybe the staff and vets are trying to keep it all even-keel and make tonight seem like every other evening full run. 

I like your take on it. I say the come out blazing!

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I like your take on it. I say the come out blazing!

I'm thinking they are pent up with energy and ready to shine!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't wait to see them tomorrow night (on Flo). I've searched high and low for any videos and have come up dry.

• Like 1

Just sat in the center of the arc for their warm-ups, horn line was freaking amazing.  It’ll be a little while before the ringing stops.

Edited by WaxDCIFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow. That ballad is beautiful. Made me tear up even from a low quality cell phone video.

High brass sounds absolutely amazing in the closer.  Those licks are so clean and smooth I hope they don't experiment with them too much. The intonation is nothing short of classy.

Reminds me of a no frills late 90s drum corps show.

Edited by ThePlanets

REALLY love what I'm seeing & hearing from the video that's up! BK has clearly put in some work in the guard/visual design department, and it's a welcome change from last year. The opening hit guard work is musical & attention-grabbing.

Something about BK's music books still draw me in after 5-6 years of writing in the same vein. They're beautiful and almost uniquely haunting. Something about the stark bareness of it all makes you want to sit forward and listen. Understated is the proper word, I think. They're still bringing a really fresh take on music to the football field, and I'm here for it. That opening build to the first hit is pure bliss!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Reminds me of a no frills late 90s drum corps show.

I said this exact same thing to my kid. He said "Then you're going to love the closer" I feel like it's destined for some sampling to add the sprinkles on top, but this is very well designed. 

like 2muchcoffee pointed out in his link, they're about a minute and a half short of full show. 

• Like 1