403 Forbidden error

I tried to post a reply to the Vic Firth/Zildjian thread in the WC forum with the below FB link, but I get a 403 Forbidden error. Using Safari on iPhone.

Any ideas?

My apologies Greg - I just saw this.

I'm afraid it is too late to diagnose this specific issue.

The 403 error often indicates a security issue that the server has identified - however, we err on the side of caution and those 'errors' are sometimes false-positive.  I'd need to see it pretty quickly, so I could examine the logs closely and go from there.

Let me know if you encounter it again, please.

-john

On 3/25/2019 at 12:20 PM, JohnD said:

My apologies Greg - I just saw this.

I'm afraid it is too late to diagnose this specific issue.

The 403 error often indicates a security issue that the server has identified - however, we err on the side of caution and those 'errors' are sometimes false-positive.  I'd need to see it pretty quickly, so I could examine the logs closely and go from there.

Let me know if you encounter it again, please.

-john

John

Just got this error trying to post a YT link to the "In-show LOLs, in honor of April Fools Day" thread...

Tried posting the link here and got the same error as well...

Edited by gak27
updated info

• 4 months later...

Have tried to post all day to the following thread:

Have used 3 different computers and two different routers to access the forum and continue to get the 403 error.

Have cleared browser cache and history in both Chrome and IE11 to no avail. Any help available

My apologies for the delay in responding.

There are a number of reasons for a 403 error - but it almost always indicates that what you're trying to send violates one of our security protocols on the server.  I don't have enough information to further diagnose and with this week's traffic, it will be nearly impossible to locate the issue in the logs, unless you can provide source IP addresses and more detailed information.

-john