Madison Scouts all time Top 12

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Wait...Jim Ott wrote the 1980 Madison brass charts???

John

Indeed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

We didn't play Malaga in '98, but our drum major did take pictures in 97 during our Pirate show, which also did not have Malaga.

In 1980, Daniel Veerhusen took a picture as well, during Ice Castles. They did use Malaguena in that show though.

Ha! Oops! 

This thread inspired me to go back and watch some old shows. Holy balls!  77, 96.... talk about “in your face”. Jon Schipper dang! Those are some chops. 

12 - 1985

11 - 2005

10 - 1980

9 - 1986

8 - 1984

7 - 2015

6 - 1982

5 - 1999

4 - 1997

3 - 2011

2 - 1988

1 - 1995

Edited by Nine White Russians
Original text was put in wrong thread

On 3/20/2019 at 3:38 PM, tesmusic said:

Indeed.

Can someone site a source that confirms that Ott wrote the Scouts 1980 brass charts? I marched Madison in 1981 and never heard this. I thought one of the Scout alumni wrote the book.

13 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Can someone site a source that confirms that Ott wrote the Scouts 1980 brass charts? I marched Madison in 1981 and never heard this. I thought one of the Scout alumni wrote the book.

I have copies of the scores. As well as some individual parts.

Surely there must be a Madison Scout alumni here who can confirm who wrote the 1980 Madison Scouts brass charts. Anyone?

4 hours ago, FlamMan said:

Surely there must be a Madison Scout alumni here who can confirm who wrote the 1980 Madison Scouts brass charts. Anyone?

In my above post I write that I have the brass scores to 1980, as well as sone individual parts with Ott’s name on them. He wrote the show.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

In my above post I write that I have the brass scores to 1980, as well as sone individual parts with Ott’s name on them. He wrote the show.

Thank you. IIRC, Rodinaro and the announcing crew mentioned this on the broadcast. I also believe it was common knowledge in period as word got around the circuits.

Also, listening to that program, there are some of his musical fingerprints as it were in those charts. 

Edited by BigW