20% Off FloMarching

5 hours ago, DCIPhan78 said:

So WGI wise they are showing "on demand" video clips of some of the guard routines from big shows but there is no sound due to copyright infringments so hopefully this is a move in the direction of on demand streaming for DCI.

They've gotten the rights to Boston and Crossmen from last year, full video and audio, though Crossmen's opener is cut out, same as on the DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Last year it was only $30 per month, so I just subbed for the two months of drum corps.

Two years ago they jacked the price up to $50 a month about a week or two before the DCI season started, so it was $50 a month. That get's you a lot closer to the annual fee, so I just bought it for the year, but I really didn't watch it much after DCI.

Good deal or not, just depends on what all you'd watch.  I don't care for WGI or BOA myself, so if it stays $30 per month, I'll just keep buying the two months of the DCI season.

Awesome thank you all for the replies!  I think I'm gonna dive in and get the 1-year sub at a discounted rate so I can catch all of the season instead of just the last month!  Plus it seems like I'll be able to introduce myself to BoA.

6 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

Awesome thank you all for the replies!  I think I'm gonna dive in and get the 1-year sub at a discounted rate so I can catch all of the season instead of just the last month!  Plus it seems like I'll be able to introduce myself to BoA.

They also have done a college band festival in the past at West Chester, PA which lasted most of the day. Didn’t follow the schedule too much in 2018 so not sure if still on schedule.

8 hours ago, NeutralNovice said:

The WGI stuff is great too.

ive been very critical of Flo and many times they’ve deserved it, but they have gotten a lot better. Not perfect but they’ve come a long way 

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

They also have done a college band festival in the past at West Chester, PA which lasted most of the day. Didn’t follow the schedule too much in 2018 so not sure if still on schedule.

Allentown 

46 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Allentown 

Thanks... was thinking that WCU band was there  and a certain Dcper is alumni of that band. 

Note to self: more caffeine before posting

Edited by JimF-LowBari

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Flo doesn't carry DCA any longer, because the venues they stream from can't meet Flo's bandwidth demands...and even then there's issues when a band mom wants to plug in a coffee pot

Any indications of who, if anyone, might stream it this year Jeff?

When FloMarching originally started, there were tons of issues around quality.  They have steadily improved and this season, things are pretty much going off without a hitch.  It does sometimes bother me while watching WGI Regionals that the sound comes directly from the soundtrack, rather than inside the gym.  Last year, that meant there were some audio/visual sync issues, but this year, even that has gotten better.

Now, I just leave my subscription on all year, if only because they're now doing their best to serve the marching arts communities.  The more year-long subscribers they get who watch DCI, WGI, and BOA, the more apt they are to continue to improve their services.  Given how responsive they have been to us as a market, I feel better than ever to be a yearly subscriber.

Two years ago, I ripped their customer service apart on the phone.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one.  If you turned away from them before, it might be worth giving them another chance.

5 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Any indications of who, if anyone, might stream it this year Jeff?

probably Box 5 again, with signs by the outlets saying not to unplug like last year ( i cant remember how to post pictures on here but there's shots all over social media of "do not unplug" signs by the cameras.

since the venue hasn't upgraded WIFI to the levels Flo uses, i doubt they'll be there, plus, knowing DCA, Flo costs too much cause anything over free is too much for DCA