The Cavaliers top 12

Not 12, but several favorites.... the first is my all-time favorite from them, the rest are in no particular order.

2006... "Machine".... IMO, the Cavaliers at their absolute best.

1987... Variations On A Korean Folk Song was the highlight for me. Great visuals (what else from the Cavies, right?) and high energy.

2004.... the James Bond show, and 2007... the Billy Joel show. Two sophisticated shows, performed at a very high level, but with easy-to-get music.  

2001... "Four Corners"... crazy, sick visuals. Amazing.

2017... "Men Are From Mars"... how in the world they made that Mars/My Way mashup work, I have no idea... LOL... but they did.

2014... "Immortal".... just a very enjoyable, pure-Cavaliers show.

1980... the stepover. 'Nuff said.

And pre-DCI:

1966... IMO, the best version of their iconic "Bully."

1971... the show with the "Circus" production, which was groundbreaking for its time.

Edited by Fran Haring

Alright I will do what I can. Keep in mind the Cavies were kings in my time so I will have all of those shows in here.

1. 2010- Mad World- It may not have won BUT it is their 5th highest score of all time. This is one of my favorite DCI shows of all time and one of the few shows that has it all- music, drill, theming, acting, entertaining color guard. 

2. 2006- the machine. I was going into my senior year of college and I remember watching this on ESPN with some of my college band friends. I think this reigns supreme for best drill ever

3. 1995 The Planets- can't go wrong with Mars.

4. 2001- Four Courners- an overlooked Championship year for the Cavaliers. Entertaining music, great drill, and hey! They were all over the field! No other show in 01 came close to the Cavies IMO

5. 2004- 007. Mix the best drill of the year with James Bond. WINNING

6. 2000- Niagara falls- really cool name and really cool visuals. The first show in the legacy.

7. 2008- Samarui- This is a really cool and it getting bronze is a testament to how great of a year 08 was.

8. 2003- Spin Cycle- Dizzying really. This show really stands out as a show that absolutely puts visuals first.

9. 2002- Frameworks. The best performance and most well balanced of the Cavaliers shows of it's time. I just don't like it as much as the shows above.

10. 1992- Revolution and triumph- the championship show from one of my favorite DCI years. Good stuff.

11. 2016- Propaganda- a hot mess of a show at the beginning of the season with a killer message. By the end of the season they really pulled it off and a very powerful show that I think is helping pull the Cavies back up in the ranks.

12. 1985- a true space show

Edited by ThePlanets

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I stand corrected... thanks for the catch!!!  I remember their '66 version the most, and it's the best one, to me. More firepower from the lower brass than the '65 one.

I will correct my OP.

Listening to a 1965 version right now on YouTube.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

A bit of trivia regarding "Bully"....

A friend who was with the Hawthorne Caballeros senior corps, circa 1960 or so, said the Cabs were offered the "Bully" chart first during that early 60s period, but for whatever reason they declined.  The Cavies then gave it a go... and the rest is history.

Edited by Fran Haring

9 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

4. 2001- Four Courners- an overlooked Championship year for the Cavaliers. Entertaining music, great drill, and hey! They were all over the field! No other show in 01 came close to the Cavies IMO

I worked the DCI East show that year, one of the years it was in Philly while the Allentown venue was being renovated.

I was down in the lower right-hand corner of the field, watching members of the Cavies' horn line sprinting to that corner, full tilt.  This was jazz running taken to another level altogether. All while playing and maintaining control of their sound. Absolutely incredible.

• Like 1

oh my...some tough calls

1 2001 Four Corners. just the total package

2 1995 Planets

3 2016 Propaganda

4 1980...i have always loved this show

5 1989...Ruttter

6 1990....more Rutter

7 1991....gorgeous

8 2006 Machine

9 2000 Niagara Falls

10 2010 Mad Word